Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking for Snoopy Flying his Doghouse

dgrant

One of the tunes I've sequenced for my first year out is Snoopy's Red Baron Christmas song. The sequence is complete but I need a static but illuminated display to turn on with Snoopy on his doghouse, goggles and scarf as if he's flying it. Yes, there's an inflatable one available and its cheap but I don't want to do any inflatables in the yard. There's a nice snoopy on his doghouse, illuminated but he's just sitting there. I've looked all over and just can't find anyone producing what I want. Has anyone come across one and where?

Not aware of any besides those you mentioned. You could do a plywood cutout...

Why don't you just create a wooden cutout? They are really easy and fun to do. If you are like me with no artistic ability, all you need is a picture to go by and use the grid method.

Attached files 320036=17466-DSC00333.JPG

DougP wrote:

Have you thought about having one made into a wireframe?

Yes, I did come across a place that does wire frames and that would be nice but since its a licensed image, not sure they'll do it for me. I suppose I should ask them though so I need to look back through things again to locate them. I can cut one out of wood and make it happen. There's a very nice one all setup with red colors, lights and so on, just snoopy laying on the dog house....darn.

DougP, Duh on me, you are the one who does them! Looking at your site now. Thanks.

DougP, I just posted a message to your site asking about this. I do have two pictures of what I would like, if possible.

Attached files 320062=17470-snoopy_flying.jpg

I looked in Ebay early in my search and again just now. They've got something close but not quite what I wanted but thanks for the suggestion!

Just my 2 cents but Doug does excellent work. You will see on his sight he has a new "Green Meanie" that I had him do for my show. The thing is awesome and I can tell will last years to come!! You will not be disappointed!

Thanks. He's going to make it for me which is very cool. Guess it'll be a one of a kind since no one has this. He's on vacation right now and will do it when he gets back.

• 4 weeks later...

You can get some sheet coro from HobbyLobby or a sign shop, draw/cut out your doghouse, and Snoopy, and light it with a spotlight. The first pic is a store bought coro, the second, if you look you can see several Peanuts charactors on the ground, my wife drew, cut out and painted those on coro just from pictures.. You can do that too.. use the first pic as a pattern. You can add a scarf and goggles to Snoopy. Another idea is google search for "Snoopy WW I Ace" and you'll find a lot of pix to use.. the links below..

http://www.bing.com/...Box&FORM=IE8SRC http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=snoopy+WW1+ace+doghouse+pictures&id=E8B0A70D5FEA4BEAF7CD765C2CF2A3090ED7146B&FORM=IQFRBA

Edited by TJ Hvasta

• The topic was locked