Light-O-Rama Forums

help with instance sequence Im so lost lost

james morris

The next tutorial planned will be on selecting one section of the song at a time, and sequencing for that section. Sounds like I should also cover how changing the frequency assignments affects the sequence.

Is there any way to have different colors in the instant sequencer besides RGBW, Orange-White, etc. Such as Red-White-Blue for July, or other combos?

I will first note that in the current release, when it lists two colors such as Red-Orange it means that the color for the effects will mostly be the first color listed, and will occasionally put in shades of the second color. I did this because I thought it would be more interesting, but the feedback I got from customers is that they would like it to just be one color. So in the next release (which should be out in a week or two) the pairs of colors have been replaced with one color.

Nevertheless, even in the current release you can get mostly one color by choosing the color pair where the first color is the color you want.

So if you want Red, white and blue, you can set TCM1 to be Red-Orange, TCM2 to be White-Green, and TCM3 to be Blue-Purple. Then assign TCM1 whatever ribbons you want to be red, assign TCM2 to ribbons that you want to be White, and TCM3 to ribbons that you want to be Blue.

I realize that probably what you were really wanting is the ability choose Red,White,Blue for the color on a TCM and then it would cycle through Red, White, and Blue for the effects, but currently there is no option for that.

However, for a 4th of July theme, I think that making different groups of ribbons be red, white and blue should be effective.

Hope this all makes sense.

Thanks Brian. I only have 1 CCR that I use as 2 arches. Just starting to learn. Used your instant sequence for my 4th display, as I didn't have much time to program the ribbon. It worked. Want to get into it more. Need time to learn, try out, etc. Been trying to run samples to see what each of the effects do. Gotta remember to save so I can go back and compare the different effects.