Light-O-Rama Forums

Best way to cut in the middle

don731

So I have a long sequence that was made from several audio clips saved as one mp3. I would like to remove about one minute of music and sequence in the middle of the sequence. What is the best way to do this without editing the mp3 in another audio editor and starting from scratch? I turned off all channels during this time period that I wish to remove.
Thanks!

don731 wrote:

So I have a long sequence that was made from several audio clips saved as one mp3. I would like to remove about one minute of music and sequence in the middle of the sequence. What is the best way to do this without editing the mp3 in another audio editor and starting from scratch? I turned off all channels during this time period that I wish to remove.
Thanks!

The LOR Software does not include an audio editor. Thus it would not be possible to remove/edit any portion of the MP3 file without editing the file in another program.

Something to keep in mind, you can copy/paste the events from one sequence to another. So if you remove from 1:30 to 2:15 from your MP3 file, you would copy all of the events, except for those in between 1:30 and 2:15, into your newly created musical sequence. (You can even copy/paste the timing grids as well.)

Thanks guys! I edit in either Amadeus Pro or Twisted Wave using my Macbook Air, so it's just a matter of transferring the mp3 file around. Figured that copying and pasting the remaining channel sequences into a new sequence editor file using the edited mp3 would work, but wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking some easy way to edit the audio right in the sequencer.

I took the lazy way when building the mp3 from several audio clips by putting it into one file rather than several music files and putting those sequences together as one show, instead I just made one sequence with several audio clips edited together into one mp3 file.

A few years back I shortened a few of my longer sequences, to get more music variety in less time. I simply went through, made the changes in Audacity, made detailed notes to exactly what was being clipped, then went back into LOR and made the same changes. Finish up by changing the new "total time" of the media file in LOR to match the new length.

Always make a backup before doing this, of course, in case things go terribly wrong. But for me it was seamless.

I did this by editing audio in an external program and reloading it.

Then did a BIG cut and paste on all the sequences.

After some Undo/Paste/Undo/Paste until I got the timing back in sync, it matched perfectly. Just make note of the timing locations before and after in the audio file.