Light-O-Rama Forums

Looking to Trade / Barter

rainyoregonchristmas

I'm trying to do things a little unconventionally to get my display up and running this year. What I want to do is trade some of the garden art I have created for Christmas light equipment.

If you're interested in a trade this is what I have available:

Giant Sunflower Birdbath (See the link below, it'll also give you an idea of what I do)
7 foot long T Rex skeleton
5x5x5 Praying Mantis with Aluminum wings
3 foot tall Steel Garden bell with climbing roses welded to exterior.
Several other small steel garden bells.
If you talk me into it I can even make another of my dragonflies with glass eyes and a 6 foot wingspan.

Best part is if you are within 150-200 miles of me I can deliver the bigger stuff to you. If you are across the country, well, we could arrange shipping.

What I'm looking for:

LOR Light controllers, EDM transmitter, Strobes, and really anything else light related. Interested? Send me a PM and I'll send you photos of the items and we can talk details.

-Matt

Attached files 319452=17416-Sunflower Full shot  (2).jp

Must be kind of expensive to build stuff like that with the price of metal! Wouldn't it be just as easy to not buy the materials and instead buy controllers?

The wife says I can't purchase more equipment right now, but she said nothing about bartering/trading. As far as the cost of materials vs. cost of equipment I'm not really worried about it. What I'd trade for some of these items is about what I'd normally sell my art for. For example the sunflower birdbath I value at just slightly more than a pro controller like a LOR1602wg3 but I'd most likely trade straight across with that one. The larger items would need more equipment to equal their value. I'm not a crazy when I price my art, I make it reasonable for the average man. I'm looking at making deals, it's scratching each others backs so we both get something we want.

Think of it this way, if the wife has been nagging you to cut back a little and get rid of some stuff you could use that to your advantage. Give up a controller in exchange for a custom birdbath for her garden. It's a win win win.

Hope that explains it.

-Matt

paulanator wrote:

Hey Matt, where in Oregon are you located?

To all who were wondering I'm in Newberg, the heart of Oregon wine country and not too far from the Spruce Goose.

What, no takers yet? I'll take one last stab at enticing someone to trade. Here's one last photo. It's my Praying Mantis, just think, people talk about your yard in Winter, now they can talk about it in the spring and summer too...

I'm really looking to trade, just itching for more channels.
-Matt

Attached files 319715=17432-967_1056781262954_859_n.jpg

• The topic was locked