Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX and Video Sync

Guest guest

Is it safe to say that we will not see a version of LOR that will sync with video files or control dmx and be compatible with D-Light hardware?

I think I know the answer, but wanted to be certain.

bhays wrote:

Is it safe to say that we will not see a version of LOR that will sync with video files or control dmx and be compatible with D-Light hardware?

I think I know the answer, but wanted to be certain.

Hi,

For the part "a version of LOR that will sync with video files or control dmx" it is very safe to say that will happen this year because it will happen this year...

For the part "and be compatible with D-Light hardware" this is not safe to say... Remember that Light-O-Rama and D-Light are in no way affiliated and are competitors in this market.

That makes sense, thanks for your candor, Dan. My question actually could have been written:

Will video file sync and dmx control be released in a version of LOR prior to 2.0.

I take your answer as confirming my assumption that those will be 2.0 features. Just trying to make some hardware decisions.

I can't wait till we have LOR with DMX and video. My 2007 show is depending on these features. I already bought my dmx fixture that i wanted to use for 2006. Since the hardware wasn't out i couldn't use it. This year i am going bigger and can't wait for DMX and Video to make my creative side come out even more. : )

Thanks Dan for making such great products and adding more awesome features.

Steven

Steven- What DMX appliance did you purchase? I haven;t really seen anything I could use outdoors without having to run it in and out of the rain.

Video is great. Have projectors lined up and ready for 08. 07 too close for me.

RW