Light-O-Rama Forums

Twinkle/shimmer

Gman7711

Is twinkle and shimmer directly affected by the timing grid? In other words, if I have the timing grid set to .5 seconds it will twinkle slower then if I have the grid at .05 seconds. Is that true? If not, how can you change the twinkle speed?

Gman7711 wrote:

Is twinkle and shimmer directly affected by the timing grid? No.
In other words, if I have the timing grid set to .5 seconds it will twinkle slower then if I have the grid at .05 seconds. Is that true? No
If not, how can you change the twinkle speed? You can't.

George Simmons wrote:

Gman7711 wrote:
Is twinkle and shimmer directly affected by the timing grid? No.
In other words, if I have the timing grid set to .5 seconds it will twinkle slower then if I have the grid at .05 seconds. Is that true?  No
 If not, how can you change the twinkle speed?  You can't.

Ok... Thank you!

Yep, I was hoping that too when I first got into the LOR controllers in 2010, soon found out, it's fixed, would be a nice feature to implement.

Mainly because there are times I'd like to use the twinkle effect in some areas, but it's set at one speed, which in my case is about 3 times faster than I'd like it to be.

• 5 weeks later...

ok heres one for the books lol i have 2 boxes one is useing all 16 and the other only the first 7 channels the 2nd box is what i am wondering about "all lit up" works fine 50% works fine but when i do twinkle ch 5 doesn't want to twinkle but it will shimmer and go on off and 50% no prob????????????

ok heres one for the books lol i have 2 boxes one is useing all 16 and the other only the first 7 channels the 2nd box is what i am wondering about "all lit up" works fine 50% works fine but when i do twinkle ch 5 doesn't want to twinkle but it will shimmer and go on off and 50% no prob????????????

i never noticed before,but maybe channel 5 is always off during a twinkle.I know it will randomly turn channels on and off but some may be off all the time.I am sure someone out there knows if this is true

i never noticed before,but maybe channel 5 is always off during a twinkle.I know it will randomly turn channels on and off but some may be off all the time.I am sure someone out there knows if this is true

I think it's just a random blink effect on each channel. I don't think the channels are "coordinated" in any way between each other.