Light-O-Rama Forums

Circle Morph

jbzeus

The questions... the questions... :-)

So, I am planning the famous four circle display. The left circle will start and fade with a twinkle counterclockwise from the 9 o'clock position back to the 9 o'clock position.

I want the right most circle to start at the 3 o'clock position and move clockwise doing the same start and fade with a twinkle back to the 3 o'clock position.

I've tried various combinations each time thinking "I got it now" only to be defeated! I tried even splitting the timings in half but it was obviously not the same as the smooth left morph.

Any ideas? Basically I'm trying to spin the second exactly in reverse of the first by starting at the 25th postion, moving towards 49 then across 0 and back to 24 to complete the circle.

Jeff

jbzeus wrote:

The questions... the questions...  :-)

So, I am planning the famous four circle display.  The left circle will start and fade with a twinkle counterclockwise from the 9 o'clock position back to the 9 o'clock position.

I want the right most circle to start at the 3 o'clock position and move clockwise doing the same start and fade with a twinkle back to the 3 o'clock position.

I've tried various combinations each time thinking "I got it now" only to be defeated!  I tried even splitting the timings in half but it was obviously not the same as the smooth left morph.

Any ideas?  Basically I'm trying to spin the second exactly in reverse of the first by starting at the 25th postion, moving towards 49 then across 0 and back to 24 to complete the circle.

Jeff

Sequencing for circles can be confusing because the ccrs are in a different shape than the green sequencing rows.

First, I assume you have gone into the Layout dialog box and have set things as follows:
CCR/CCB/Firefli Mode
Nbr of CCRs - 4
Light Type - CCRs
Ribbon Orientation - Horizontal
Ribbon Shape - Circle
Ribbon Length - Full
Location of Ribbon Controllers - Left

With the above settings, pixel 1 is at the 9 oclock position, then the pixels go clockwise from there.

As you state in your post, making the left circle go counterclockwise from the 9 oclock position is easy and can be done with one morph.

Making the right circle go clockwise from the 3 oclock position requires 2 morphs, make each morph half the length of the one you used on the left circle. The first morph goes from the 3 oclock position to the end of the ribbon, then the 2nd morph goes from the begginning of the ribbon to the middle.

Hope you could follow that. Its alot easier to show than it is to describe. In the next month I will try to make a tutorial on sequencing circles.

The two morph thing was the only thing I could do to make it sorta work. How do you get it to look like the other one running one morph? I can't get the two morphs to look like one nice continuous movement.

Yep, got the circles set up on the screen.