Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar Macros

petek157

Hello just got ccd's in today and purchased SS. I am curious, could some one give me an example of what a macro in the Tools -> Macro menu of SS is used for. Other than that i think I'm coming along pretty well in getting it figured out.

Thanks,
Pete

I was going to say, I think Ive watched every video Brian has on youtube twice and don't remember anything about SS macro's. The question still stands, any examples of what the macro is in SS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks anyways Ken I appreciate your effort.

Pete

Pete,

I too would really like to know what, if anything, the Macros can do in SS. I started the SS venture a few weeks ago and I haven't figured it out yet. I just keep getting an error, which tells me I'm not doing it right :( Sorry I can't help you out on this one, but I'll be watching to see what others offer up. Good question, by the way.

Tim

Ken,

I tried that site and even downloaded the file but I think it will only send the saved files to S3 and not SS. At least I can't figure out how to send to SS, but I did try. If someone knows how to make this work I would be very interested to know.

Tim

petek157 wrote:

Hello just got ccd's in today and purchased SS. I am curious, could some one give me an example of what a macro in the Tools -> Macro menu of SS is used for. Other than that i think I'm coming along pretty well in getting it figured out.

Thanks,
Pete

Good question. The SuperStar software does not use any macros to create it's effects. There is a Macro dialog box in the SuperStar software, but the only macro that is supported is the "Pixel Resolution" macro. I do not cover it in the tutorials because it is seldom used. The only reason to use it is when the hardware has a hard time keeping up with the software and "lags." For example, in 3 places in my Carol of the Bells sequence it was lagging, so in those places I reduce the resolution of ribbons. For example, the normal resolution is 50 pixels per ribbon, but you can reduce that to 10 pixels and then you will reduce the number of commands needed to sequence the ribbon by 1/5.

The short answer is that you probably will never need to use the Macro dialog box in SuperStar.

Thanks Brian. In my tinkering thats all I could get it to do so I guess I am getting better at this stuff.

Thanks again,