Light-O-Rama Forums

EDM Transmitter

KStatefan

I used my EDM-LCD-CS-EP transmitter for the first time yesterday. This is hooked up to a Ramsey TM100 antenna. When I tune a radio to the frequency I am broadcasting on I have to crank the volume up to hear it. When I listen with head phones hooked up to the computer the sound level is at a normal level. Do I need something additional to get this to work better? I also can not find the EDM manual online. Does anyone have a link?

bisquit476 wrote:

Watch your computer volume, you don't want to overdrive the transmitter, which will make for crappy sound btw.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/edmdesign/files/

How do I know if the volume on the computer is to high? If I turn down the volume on the computer will that require the volume to be turned up more on the receiver?

Here is one, they also talk about an volume control that can be bought from radio shack or some place like it, although it won't be as accurate as the tool.

Attached files Line level tool.pdf

bisquit476 wrote:

Here is one, they also talk about an volume control that can be bought from radio shack or some place like it, although it won't be as accurate as the tool.

I will try that tonight.

Steven wrote:

KStatefan wrote:
I also can not find the EDM manual online. Does anyone have a link?

Do a Google search for EDM-TX-LCD operating instructions.

I had found that but didn't think is was right since the part number was different.

KStatefan wrote:

I had found that but didn't think is was right since the part number was different.

Sorry. My bad.