Light-O-Rama Forums

twinkle fade?

paralegalnc

is there a way to have say...a tree to twinkle and then fade out? or to have the intensity at half and twinkling?? Is that the foreground/background? I've watched the video but it doesn't seem to work.

paralegalnc wrote:

is there a way to have say...a tree to twinkle and then fade out? or to have the intensity at half and twinkling?? Is that the foreground/background? I've watched the video but it doesn't seem to work.

Check under "Tools -> Custom Settings" You can also look for the "Star" icon in the toolbar across the top.

This is where you would set the Custom fade/twinkle, etc. settings.
  • Like 1

yes, the button to combine effects is marked custom, then the buttons to the right of that will light up, so you choose the ones you want and sequence as nomral.

I am soooo addicted. I have already done 2 sequences and they look pretty good for 16 channels. My husband is working on one too. He agrees with me.... we need more channels...lol. but that's all we got right now...well...we don't even have that. They haven't arrived yet....lol. what is the foreground and background used for?

Guest wbottomley

paralegalnc wrote:

I am soooo addicted. I have already done 2 sequences and they look pretty good for 16 channels. My husband is working on one too. He agrees with me.... we need more channels...lol. but that's all we got right now...well...we don't even have that. They haven't arrived yet....lol. what is the foreground and background used for?

When your sequencer is open, click on help>contents and search for foreground effects or background effects.

Ooppsss forgot to post the rest...

From the help menu: This button on the Tools toolbar can be used to enable foreground effects mode. It is equivalent to "Foreground Effects" from the Tools menu. Please refer to that help page for details.

It can be used for certain effects.

• 6 months later...

I should be able to get this but it's not working for me. I have an area selected. Everything is off. I go to tools, foreground effects, fade down. Nothing appears to happen. Then I press Shimmer. The whole area is set to shimmer, but NOT fading down.

I even tried reading help!

what is the foreground and background used for?

I should be able to get this but it's not working for me. I have an area selected. Everything is off. I go to tools, foreground effects, fade down. Nothing appears to happen. Then I press Shimmer. The whole area is set to shimmer, but NOT fading down.

I even tried reading help!

For me, I learn by doing. The tutorials don't get into my thick skull.

The best advice that I received was touch every control in the sequence editor. Start across the tool bar. What does New do? What does Open do? (duh, I know those are easy), but then do every one of them.

• 11 months later...