Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer not displaying some channels

jlowe

I've setup visualizer and connected the reference channels properly. It displays some of my channels when I run a sequence. However, some channels do not work at all.

Basically, everything works, until channel 129 (unit 9, 1). Beyond that, nothing works. Any ideas?

I saw where the visualizer is limited to 256 virtual channels. I'm not sure if that's a reference to the same thing. Either way, I feel like it should work past that 128 point.

Thanks in advance.

jlowe wrote:

I've setup visualizer and connected the reference channels properly. It displays some of my channels when I run a sequence. However, some channels do not work at all.

Basically, everything works, until channel 129 (unit 9, 1). Beyond that, nothing works. Any ideas?

I saw where the visualizer is limited to 256 virtual channels. I'm not sure if that's a reference to the same thing. Either way, I feel like it should work past that 128 point.

Thanks in advance.

What license do you have? If you have the "Standard" level license, this may be the issue, as the Standard license is limited to 8 controllers.

A virtual channel is one that does not have a Controller/Channel assigned to it. (This applies to both the Sequence Editor and Visualizer.) You could remove the channel assignments from the Sequence and from the Visualizer in order to make them work. (But of course you'd have to put them back in before it's time to run them 'live'.)

It was definitely a licensing issue. I upgraded and now everything is working. Thanks for the quick solutions, guys.