Light-O-Rama Forums

Ideas for indoor sequencing

hellooldchap42

This will be my first time doing a christmas light sequence, and it will be indoors. My work has an annual Christmas decorating contest and we want to blow the competition out of the water with it. But we don't really know what to do. We are waiting on our hardware and software, but don't have all of our lights yet. Does anybody have tips to help us plan for our show? We are going with the 16-channel starter pack available from LOR. We have 3 walls we can fully decorate and one that we can sort of work around (it is a full video monitor wall). Again, I don't necessarily want to ask you to come up with ideas, just asking how do we start planning for this? Thank you for all your help in advance.

with 16 channels you will want more. If you have to stay mostly 2d against the walls, your best props will be the Coro props as they are mostly flat and can be placed against the wall or on it. You can do it as if it were an outside display, chasing to each prop, fades and so on. The great news is there are a ton of premade 16 channel shows that you can have in your show in minutes. I say take a look around youtube, just type 16 channel LOR in youtube and get some ideas.

Suppose you could control lights on those miniature small towns that you can buy the buildings and etc...would be great if you had the minature of the main street electrical parade the one person made.

Go to this webpage,

http://www.lightorama.com/S3TutorialLinks.html

and start at the beginning. You should have received your license key in your purchase e-mail, so the software won't stay in Demo mode.

A suggestion is to open the Visualizer and start with a picture of the area you want to light. Play with it to see what the lights are going to look like once they are installed. Go to http://christmascarolina.com/forums/links/sequences-free-34/, download a couple of LOR sequences, buy the music, import them into the sequence editor, set the channels in the sequence editor, and visualizer, then press play. That will give you an idea what the lights will look like in action. Lather, Rinse, and Repeat until you are satisfied, and, welcome to the madness. BTW, Enjoy your new addiction.

What about using the Video Monitor Wall as part of your show? You can add video to your display quite easily and if the monitor is already there, then even better!

Tremor30 wrote:

What about using the Video Monitor Wall as part of your show?

Any chance you could use those monitors to play the Visualizer when the sequence runs? That might add even more to the cool factor.

Thank you for all your help!

As for the video wall, I work at a televisiion station, so we cannot change the monitor sources. Which unfortunately also means we cannot plug the visualizer into the monitor either. Great idea though!

I was not aware there were any free premade sequences. Where do I find these for download? I will check youtube for LOR 16 channel sequences.