Light-O-Rama Forums

Show Editor ???????

PAnorthpole

Once a show has been developed; Will any changes you make to any ONE of the sequences in that show.... be saved again in the show editor????????

Thanks for the help

PAnorthpole

Thanks Pete

Did not want to start to build a show and need to go back to the show editor to any changes I make to the sequences.
This is my first show, so this is all new to me!

Thanks Again
PAnorthpole

FYI, If your show is actively playing and if you edit any sequence that's in the show and save the change(s), the playing show will automatically, gracefully shutdown and restart on its own.

Now remember it only saves it if you tell the SE to save it.
I don't recall if there is an option for an AUTOSAVE feature in the SE.

Even if so, I would never use it, not because it isn't a good thing to have, but sometimes I make several different changes, play them in the SE and then UNDO them because I didn't like how they looked and may change it back or create an entirely different array of effects for that section.

That's my one complaint with the SE, once you make a SAVE to a change and you decide you don't like that change, once a SAVE has been made, the UNDO option will no longer allow you to undo what you just did. That's why I don't use an AUTOSAVE feature if one is available.

NOTE: just checked SE V.3.4.0 for an AutoSave feature, only one I found was for the Visualizer, but not for Sequences.

But I wish the UNDO was able to work after an accidental save of or even a Save/Save As, this is so something could still be undone if the change wasn't wanted.

And as long as the SE was never closed down, I would have thought the UNDO would still UNDO changes to an edited and saved sequence, especially if the same sequence that was edited and saved was still open in the SE. {I have graphics/video editors that DO allow me to undo changes if the edit was saved, just as long as that file is still open in the program and I haven't closed the file or program.}

But alas it doesn't work that way in the SE.