Light-O-Rama Forums

Newbie Question

Nerd

Hey all,

Newbie here. Taking delivery of 12 CCRs next week. Been studying in anticipation. So here is my question...

What would be the proper way (and do you guys have any advice) to go about using two different computers to run my operation...so to speak. I have one computer that I need to use to "run" the show, and a different (i.e. better screen) computer to do my show building on. As I type this, it just occurred to me that I am making an assumption that its legal to do that under the software license. But assuming so, any advice?

I have watched all the tutorials I can find, and am feeling good about setting up the 12 controllers. I will have two networks, and will set all the unit IDs with the computer I am using to "run" the show. That way there will be no issues with incorrect com ports and associated unit IDs when I run the show. But what do I need to do on the computer I am using to design and build the show? Any advice?

Regards,

G.

I believe the license is good for 5 computers. So you can do this without issue.

If the computer to design the show will never run you still need to setup the hardware ID's. You need to make sure they are the same on the show computer as well addressing of the strips and CCR controllers. When you setup your first sequence you need to setup the channels and controllers unless you export it straight from Superstar.

Seeing that its your first setup, create your visualizer first, setup how it will look and the channels and controllers after you have done the hardware setup. Export that to superstar to create your CCR sequence. Export that to the Sequence Editor if you will have more than just the CCR's or to do tweaks on the outcome.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

That's what I thought...basically everything needs to be set the same on both computers.

I am sure as I get into next week I will have more questions, so thanks again for the quick reply.

Regards,

G.

No prob, hope you checked out the CCR how to and SuperStar how to videos. Its an addiction. I think crack would be cheaper!