Light-O-Rama Forums

Projector display

ChrisBMacon

Anyone suggest or have used the option to display visualizer by projector from their PC to help with a design? I am setting up a shop and want to start with how my office and screens may be placed for myself and others to view a photo and design. It seems that a pc having the visualizer wall display would help if it was a large screen. Anyone use a projector?

Pardon me but I have a bad habit of scoping every angle of any project to death before I start anything. That is the Systems Analyst in me. I have no equipment yet.

Best regards

I think the use of a projector for the Visualizer is more predicated on how you may want others to see the presentation than on the Vis itself.

In other words: If everyone can crowed around a monitor can you justify the expense of a projector? If you are doing this commercially, would the 'wow' factor of a projector help you sell a project?

I was in Sam's club yesterday, and found an Epson (I think it was Epson) projector for sub $500.

I have 2 monitors setup both 25 inches. 1 runs the sequencer one run the visualizer. I dont know if using a whole wall to show the display is needed but it would be neat.

Actually I am thinking more on the line of the "wow" factor when showing a project because we plan on using this on a commercial scope. I met with a few business friends and mentioned taking photos of property and how we would use visualizer to show a client examples and also to assist in our cost. Of course, I dont want to get into a commercial thread on this topic, but I do want to see if anyone sees a benifit of a projector large view. Thank you much.

Chris D. Brooks wrote:

Actually I am thinking more on the line of the "wow" factor when showing a project because we plan on using this on a commercial scope. I met with a few business friends and mentioned taking photos of property and how we would use visualizer to show a client examples and also to assist in our cost. Of course, I dont want to get into a commercial thread on this topic, but I do want to see if anyone sees a benifit of a projector large view. Thank you much.

In that case I can see it being helpful. If your selling services such as this hobby, a customer would like to see a sample on thier house why not be a whole wall. This would create a great visual to that consumer.