Light-O-Rama Forums

Song question

Arnoldc

Not really very Christmasy, but there are lots of songs used that are not either. If you like it, go for it. It is a cool piece (I like the movie too).

Although I have still not decided if I will do a "Christmas show", I have figured that if I do, I would do 2 shows that alternate. One would be traditional Christmas stuff and the other more whimsical. Might even split the Christmas show into two with one more the traditional religious music and the other more secular.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Is it Christmas appropriate, not really. However, it is a great soundtrack for introductions for voice overs or lead-ins to a song or filler music between shows.

Would also be good if you plan on a 4th of July display

If you like it and want to use it...then use it...

Variety is the spice of life...

Do you do Christmas music set to lights?

or Music set to Christmas Lights?

Or Both....

Arnoldc wrote:

Question is is it really appropriate for Christmas?

Where is it written that every song in your Christmas light show needs to be about Christmas? I doubt that God would be offended, especially since it appears that Jesus wasn't even born anywhere near December 25th. Go for it!

Jim makes a good point though. We do a little of both in this hobby. I this year had it mixed in running during the show. This year Christmas themed music until 9pm then the 9-10 show will be everything else that I like programmed to christmas lights.

GoofyGuy wrote:

Jim make a good point though.
I must admit...it wasn't "my point"...

Someone else had written it on this forum...might have even been in their signature about that they do "music to Christmas Lights"..

might have even been George...

jimswinder wrote:

Someone else had written it on this forum... might have even been George...

Well, that explains it - I thought I'd seen those words somewhere before...

The fact is, I get more comments on my non-Christmas music than I do the Christmas tunes. Ask yourself this: what date do you (and the people you know) normally start getting sick and tired of hearing Christmas music?

George Simmons wrote:

Well, that explains it - I thought I'd seen those words somewhere before...

The fact is, I get more comments on my non-Christmas music than I do the Christmas tunes. Ask yourself this: what date do you (and the people you know) normally start getting sick and tired of hearing Christmas music?

"...get sick and tired of hearing Christmas music?" What is that? I have never experienced that feeling...

It's short enough and without words to give context I think it wouldbe fine. Then again I also enjoy watching George's lights to pink Floyd :P
These as YOUR lights and you will hear the songs many many more times than anyone else, so if you like it and it makes you happy, go for it ;)

well if I heard it I would not have know what it was, very good song to do though,nice strong beat and no words

Funtobewith11 wrote:

I am doing two different shows. One show will be from December 1st till December 31st then an after the First show from January 1st till the 15th. the after the First show will be with non-Christmas music. Some start this type of show right after Christmas. Just an idea for you. It is more work because you have to have more songs done. I will have a total of 19 songs.

This year, I'll have 165+ minutes of music sequenced, 75 minutes of which is Christmas tunes, with the rest being rock/oldies/themes. About 70 songs total.

What I do is run three different shows each evening. The early show is 75% Christmas, 25% other. The middle show is 50/50, and the late show is 75% other and 25% Christmas. Usually for the late show I'll omit any songs that reference Santa Claus because most of the little kids are already home in bed.

On December 25, I strip out all references to Santa because he's already ridden. And on Dec 26 through Jan 1st, I strip out almost all references to Christmas since it has already passed.

james campbell wrote:

well if I heard it I would not have know what it was, very good song to do though,nice strong beat and no words
So James...

which is it?

Your signature says you are NOT insane..

Your avatar says you ARE insane?

I guess, that answers my question, huh? :P

I am not insane

Attached files 316708=17285-30170.gif

jimswinder wrote:

james campbell wrote:
So James...

which is it?

Your signature says you are NOT insane..

Your avatar says you ARE insane?

I guess, that answers my question, huh? :P

I am not insane

Aww, c'mon Jim. You know that anyone in this hobby is a LITTLE of BOTH!:P

Although some may be one way more than the other!:shock:

I guess being insane is not knowing if you are or you are not;)

james campbell wrote:

I guess being insane is not knowing if you are or you are not;)

Or you could just tell Jim, "I'm NOT insane" as my sig states, ONLY my Avatar is!

Which only represents the true me after I've been sequencing for too long!:P ROFLMAO

BTW: Had a neighbor over and they wanted to see how we do these crazy light shows. She wanted me to show her how I programmed the lights to do certain things in a song, so I created a sample sequence to show her how it starts, after hearing the same section of song for 30-35 times, she says, I think I'd go "insane" if I had to listen to the same section of song over and over to do that! So maybe we are all insane, driven there from listening to the same section of song over and over, and then to the entire sequence over and over as we try and perfect it, so, yes, could very well be that we really are all insane......and we just don't know it.:shock::P

• The topic was locked