Light-O-Rama Forums

Rumors Of My Death Were Greatly Exxaggerated! lol

caniac

I am now a member of the "Zipper" Club. A week ago this past Wednesday my better half took me to the ER after I spent most of the day complaining of chest pains and just being plain tired. While I was being tended to in the ER I had a full on heart attack. Cardiac Cath revealed 7 blockages (damn tasty steak fries), they did a triple bypass and I am home on the mend.

Will look at scaling back my show this year, too much to do while I mend.

Caniac,

Glad to hear you are feeling better!:D I too had triple bypass in 2007 and feel great

5 years later. Do what the Dr. says, go to cardiac rehab and you'll be back at this

crazy hobby in no time. Actually my recovery is how I got started in LOR!

Take care!

Ed

Wow, at least it happened while you were in the E.R. Caniac! My grandmother had one at home and by the time they got her to the E.R. in the ambulance, she was gone.

So it was just a miracle you were already at the hospital when that happened. If you'd been at home, you might not have made it!

So glad to hear you're feeling better, now you have plenty of time to hone up your sequences while you're recovering. Better get to work on them.:D;)

caniac i hope your feeling better dude don t scale back i think that there are a couple of fellows that can set up for ya just yell we are close enuff to help if needed

Yeah - what everyone else said...

You definitely were in the right place at the right time. And you don't have to worry about anyone accusing you of malingering. Odd timing though - it's usually AFTER people see their bill for an ER visit that they have a MCI.

Hey Caniac...

Glad you are ok...

Hey...sounds like you might have some extra time to do some sequencing!!!!

Let me know...I have a few ideas for some songs I want done!!! :D

Sorry to hear about that, but glad you are doing well.

Sometimes those things give us a better appreciation for life and loved ones!

Now get back to work on your display! :)

I think I'd keep that wife, made ya go get checked in the first place.. lucky you listened to her too.. Hope you heal up quick, 'mate!

Triple Bypass? Holy crap!

Glad to hear that you're on the road to recovery. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

• 3 weeks later...

For those keeping score at home, had to go back in after being out a week. Congestive Heart Failure and probs with meds. All good now and have been out two weeks and went back to work part time this week. One day at a time.

• 3 months later...

A final update, for those of you that recommended/insisted that I do cardiac rehab please accept my heart felt thanks. I have done that and will be wrapping that up this week. It has made a world of difference with my recovery and provided comic relief (all us old geezers have to warm up to what I would call "techno dance music", I have labelled us the "NoRythem Dance Ensemble". I thought you could only have two left feet but have been proven wrong.

During the eval before I started they reviewed my "event", seems I was worse off than I had orginally thought. Though I ONLY had three bypasses the first one bypassed a vein that runs down the center of your heart and is called the widowmaker because when it fails you are gone. I had three blockages there, two on the lower left side of my heart, and becuase I never make anything easy for anyone there were two on the back side. Rehab started as a real challenge but it didn't take long to start seeing results as well as getting answers to the many questions I had about my "new" aches and pains.

Luckily for me my Halloween display will remain somewhat the same (two new sequences completed during rehab) and the Portable Hole I wanted to build in order to move my mega tree is being built by a close friend and should be ready soon.