Light-O-Rama Forums

Red White Blue C7s Cords for Sale

paulanator

This year I have upgraded my 4th of July Coro stars to RGB, so I have some C7 bulbs and cords and connectors I want to sell.

I used the bulbs one season last year, each star has 2x Red, White and Blue, and I have 5 stars.

I also have the remaining new in the box, about 15 more per box in Red, White and Blue (I think blue is minus 2, they had bad bases out of the box)

Each cord is spt1, about 2 feet, with a male connector on one end, and two C7 sockets on the other end.

This would be great if someone is going to do a 4th of July display with coro stars.

I made the ones at this site, http://www.christmaswonders.com/Coro_Star.html

and they came out great. I went with the incandescents because it was cheaper.

So Red, White and Blue C7s, about 20 each color, 15 - 2 foot cords with 2 C7 sockets and one male spt1 connector on each cord.

Price = Free, just pay actual shipping, your choice of how shipped USPS or UPS.

I gained a lot of knowledge and help from others on this Forum, and I really appreciate it. I wanted to help someone who might be starting out or needs these.

PM me if you are interested. I will take the first request that wants to use them this year in their patriotic display.

Attached files 316525=17283-Star Cords.jpg

Hi Orville,
I have someone interested, if they don't want it, I will let you know.

Shipping for flat rate USPS is $11.85

paulanator wrote:

Hi Orville,
I have someone interested, if they don't want it, I will let you know.

Shipping for flat rate USPS is $11.85

If they don't. Let me know. I can swing the $11.85 for the USPS shipping.

Thanks!

I have a question about the pic. Right to the left of the star there is a VGA cable with a connector that looks like an apple dock on it? Is that what it is? If it is, I didn't know they made them that small! Sorry to go off topic.

Caleb,
that is just an Apple DVI to VGA adapter for a little Mac Mini I have on the bench. That is just the Mac AC Power adapter next to it.

Paul

paulanator wrote:

Man that was quick Orville!

Have fun

That's for sure. I couldn't believe how quickly they got here myself!:shock:

Somewhere between 4 days, maybe 3 days I think if you don't count Sunday in there.

Working on some rewiring for their use in some Christmas and Halloween projects, just needed a lot longer wire than what the C7 sockets were originally on. LOL

But those short wires will come in handy for extended power supply wires eventually for another project I'm thinking about working on down the road.

BTW: did find one bad C7 socket. Somehow it was missing it's bottom connection that mates with the bottom of the C7 bulb base. Thought maybe it may have fallen out when I took the socket off, but searched for it all over my workroom with no luck. Not a big deal, but sure is odd how that one socket was missing that piece either before it got packed or just vanished into nothingness as I removed it from the existing wire. Guess I better check for gremlins, you think? ROFL

Orville, what I'm about to say may not apply, but just in case, since you jogged my memory with the comment on the missing connection...

When building a new prop earlier this year, I used a new batch of C7 sockets. When I screwed the bulbs in, one of those bottom connections bent in the wrong direction and created a short between the bottom connection of the bulb and the threads on the side of the bulb. Miraculously, the LED bulb survived. The socket didn't fare so well and actually burned the "vampire" points off where they usually pierce the jacket of the SPT2 conductor. After that mishap, I made sure to "pre-bend" all those bottom connection tabs in each socket to make sure it didn't happen again.

Aaron Maue wrote:

Orville, what I'm about to say may not apply, but just in case, since you jogged my memory with the comment on the missing connection...

When building a new prop earlier this year, I used a new batch of C7 sockets. When I screwed the bulbs in, one of those bottom connections bent in the wrong direction and created a short between the bottom connection of the bulb and the threads on the side of the bulb. Miraculously, the LED bulb survived. The socket didn't fare so well and actually burned the "vampire" points off where they usually pierce the jacket of the SPT2 conductor. After that mishap, I made sure to "pre-bend" all those bottom connection tabs in each socket to make sure it didn't happen again.

Yep, I have had that happen in the past.

It's one thing I always look at before I even screw a bulb into any type socket. Even had the mini's copper fingers/contacts {for lack of a better word to call them} that the bulb or LED lead touches on each side come loose inside a mini socket and create a short.

Lost a couple strings that way, both LED and Incandescent, incandescent usually just blew the fuse{s} in the plug, if I was lucky, the LED's usually the string got cooked, sometimes quite a few LEDs survived, sometimes they didn't.

So anytime I have to replace a bulb or LED, I make sure the string is off, and check the fingers/copper contacts inside the socket to be sure they are where they should be, then insert replacement bulb or LED.

So far, have not lost another string from a bad contact/misalignment in a socket.

• The topic was locked