Light-O-Rama Forums

Odd Question

RaceMedic

Ok ....

Here is an odd question for everyone .. there may not be an answer.

I have c6 LEDS, red, green and white.

Is there a way of figuring out the RGB equivalent of the colors, in particular the green to match the c6s with the RGB strips ?!

Or is it trial and error once I have all of them in hand !

Dave

Dave,

The RGB strips should pretty well match up with the LEDs you have - at least for red and green. White you might have to experiment with a little. Good luck.

What I mean George is what shade of green in the S3 software to match the c6 shade.

I can't speak for the RGB strips you might be getting, but when it comes to CCRs the colors red and green match up as perfectly as my eyes can tell with the default 255 value for each color respectively.

Ah .... ok .... so just set the S3 to green .

Another question .. when I try and twinkle a white it does random colors .. what am i doing wrong ?!

Thanks ,

Dave

The reason for the random colors is because a RGB channel in the sequence editor is actually a composite of three individual channels (like Obummer's old girlfriends).

Each of those channels flash randomly at full on, so you wind up with either red, green, blue, yellow, purple, teak, or white at any given moment.

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to have a totally white twinkle is to do it manually.

George Simmons wrote:

Each of those channels flash randomly at full on, so you wind up with either red, green, blue, yellow, purple, teak, or white at any given moment.

For you RGB users out there, that should read teal.

For you exotic wood lovers out there, sorry for leading you to believe that the sequence editor could create fibrous compounds that are more expensive than any RGB strip.

George Simmons wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, the only way to have a totally white twinkle is to do it manually.

Or use a color effect in a Cosmic Color Device, or a strobe effect in a Rainbow Flood Extreme.

• 5 months later...

Now that the CCFs have been available for quite some time, has anyone figured out a way to twinkle a single color with a CCF? I don't understand what the previous poster said about using a color effect. I've got a single RGB channel setup for each CCF I'm using. To date I am unable to figure out how to twinkle a single color other than Red, Green or Blue; I'd like to twinkle white.

has anyone figured out a way to twinkle a single color with a CCF? I don't understand what the previous poster said about using a color effect.

Sorry about that. I forgot that color effect only applies to a CCR (or CCP), not a CCF.

After reading the manual, it appears that there is no way to do a white twinkle, although you can use channels 4 and 5 to do a white (or any other color) strobe. You could do a "manual" twinkle by turning the color and and off "randomly" in the sequence.

As an experiment, try setting the color you want with channels 1,2,3 (e.g. to white), then do an "intensity twinkle" of 1% on channel 5. I have no idea if this will work since I don't own a CCF, but it's worth a try.