Light-O-Rama Forums

LOOKING TO BUY SPT/2 WIRE NOW AND VAMPIRE PLUGS

drums114

Guest wbottomley

Paul M Krupa wrote:

Just something to think about, STP 1 wire from CDI has I believe a UV coating that may increase life span?
Mike

True.... but I have some of those indoor extension cords about 20 years old and they still work like new.

Skycraft doesn't list everything they sell on their website either. They're a few miles from me and I get stuff many times in-house cheaper than posted on their website or not on their website at all.

Bought some SPT1 green wire from them last year for about .03¢ foot in-store! Whereas their on-line only had white listed at the time for .13¢ a foot.

Nice to be able to just go to the store and get it.

Only thing I've not found there are vampire or any type of snap on male/female or pass through plugs. Although I keep asking for them every time I go in there.

Frybread wrote:

Last year I ran across this.
http://www.menards.com/main/electrical/electrical-cords/extension-cords/18-2-250-brown-lamp-cord/p-1462754-c-6410.htm
It comes in White, Brown, Black, Gold. and it was available for pick up at the store. Not shipping. $34 for a 250 ft roll. $0.136/ft

Since this is my first year I think I only need 500 ft the most for my 16 channel display - so I think the menards deal is the best. Thanks for all the info.

I have only one year with LOR under my belt as well, but agree with the comment above, for what it's worth. Get more cord than you think you'll need. I was less than 2 weeks away from my show date and was short 2,000 feet of cord. And I started with 3,000 feet. So I needed almost 2x what I'd originally planned.

This is my first year with LOR so I was also in need of some SPT wire. I just checked out Menards on the tip above- They have booth SPT1 and SPT2.

The SPT1 is $34.00 a roll, but now till 5/28/12 they have the 11% rebate going on. If my calculations are correct that is $30.26 for 250 feet, which comes to .121/ft.

I think the SPT2 was $47 per 250' but I'm not positive, but would also have the rebate applied.

• 2 weeks later...

well good...someone I know...what the heck is a vampire plug.... what are they making?