Light-O-Rama Forums

Member Map

Ron Boyd

Is there a member map on LOR? I saw one on auschristmaslighting.com and was wondering if there was one here. I saw the member page but have not found a map to where all of the LOR displays are.

There is a map of members who are on the forums. Though it only shows you city/state, web site, etc.

There are at least two other sites that have displays on them.

http://christmaslightfinder.com - Probably one of the first sites out there, and has many displays.

http://www.thedisplayfinder.com - Another site that lets you search out displays in your area. (*Disclaimer: I run The Display Finder)

Guest guest

Don wrote:

There is a map of members who are on the forums. Though it only shows you city/state, web site, etc.

There are at least two other sites that have displays on them.

http://christmaslightfinder.com - Probably one of the first sites out there, and has many displays.

http://www.thedisplayfinder.com - Another site that lets you search out displays in your area. (*Disclaimer: I run The Display Finder)

Was looking at your site Don, but when I click on the link "Click here for all the Details" under the box labeled "Ready to get started?" area from the home page, I get a 404 Page Not found error.

Hey folks, not Orville's fault here. I had something configured incorrectly. Seems the other person who helps me with the site saw Orville's post and fixed the error pretty quick (at least that's what the logs indicate) but didn't tell me until a little later.

Sorry about that. Thank you, Orville, for pointing it out.

Guest Don Gillespie

Don wrote:

Hey folks, not Orville's fault here. I had something configured incorrectly. Seems the other person who helps me with the site saw Orville's post and fixed the error pretty quick (at least that's what the logs indicate) but didn't tell me until a little later.

Three cheers for Orv, what would we do with out you. LOL

Don Gillespie wrote:

Three cheers for Orv, what would we do with out you. LOL

Was that a rhetorical question or are you expecting an answer?

Did you want the entire list of answers or just one?

Guest guest

Don wrote:

Thanks Don. I figured there was probably something not quite set correctly. I maintain a commercial website and every once in a while if I change a code, it may actually work on my end, but not on the end users end, giving a 404 error message, then I have go fix it. LOL It happens to the best of us sometimes.

Definitely working fine now, just went to the site and worked as it should.

Thinking of adding my display to your database, but don't have a photo since we just moved into the new home in mid March and won't have any photo's until I put up the Halloween Display.

Which brings up a question about the FAQ, since it says display and a photo would be a good option, what if you do multiple displays? Is the site set up to handle a display at the same location for multiple holidays?

As in I do both Halloween and Christmas, and I know there are others here that may do additional holidays like Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. So would one be able to submit each holiday and upload a photo for each holiday they do?

Just something the FAQ may need added to it, since I was looking at the site and considering posting my display as well. And was just wondering about this.

Thanks!

shfr26 wrote:

Worked fine for me. Do a search on 404 error and download the fix.

Already have that fix installed. But if a page does not exist, can't be found, or is incorrectly configured or coded, you will still get 404 page not found errors, even with the fix installed.

Orville wrote:

shfr26 wrote:

Already have that fix installed. But if a page does not exist, can't be found, or is incorrectly configured or coded, you will still get 404 page not found errors, even with the fix installed.

Orv...I was joking about a 404 patch...being that you manage a commercial website, I'm sure you realize that. ;)

Orville wrote:

Don wrote:

Thanks Don. I figured there was probably something not quite set correctly. I maintain a commercial website and every once in a while if I change a code, it may actually work on my end, but not on the end users end, giving a 404 error message, then I have go fix it. LOL It happens to the best of us sometimes.

Thinking of adding my display to your database, but don't have a photo since we just moved into the new home in mid March and won't have any photo's until I put up the Halloween Display.

Which brings up a question about the FAQ, since it says display and a photo would be a good option, what if you do multiple displays? Is the site set up to handle a display at the same location for multiple holidays?

As in I do both Halloween and Christmas, and I know there are others here that may do additional holidays like Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc. So would one be able to submit each holiday and upload a photo for each holiday they do?

Just something the FAQ may need added to it, since I was looking at the site and considering posting my display as well. And was just wondering about this.

Thanks!

Hey Orville, is your site Christmas light oriented? Didn't know you dabbled with such things as web design.

DonFL wrote:

Orville wrote:
shfr26 wrote:

Orv...I was joking about a 404 patch...being that you manage a commercial website, I'm sure you realize that. :)

I thought you may have been, but for those that may have took it seriously, I thought a brief explanation may be necessary. You know how it is....LOL

Surfing4Dough wrote:

Orville wrote:
Don wrote:

Thanks!

Hey Orville, is your site Christmas light oriented? Didn't know you dabbled with such things as web design.

I've dabbled in websites for a very long time, I have a train oriented site, if it's still on-line, haven't done anything with it in a very long time.

EDIT: just checked and my train site is still on-line!:shock: You can find it here:
http://www.trainweb.org/fcen-rr/

I need to create a Christmas and Halloween site for my display, just been busy with other stuff, being retired you'd think I'd have time for all that right? LOL

But the website I maintain is for an individual that does what he calls Enchanted Walkabouts and I go on these with him to take photo's and post to the site or other areas.

You can check out more details of the website I do for John Springer {no relation to Jerry Springer!} at http://www.enchantedwalkabouts.com

He does nature walks in a way that is unique and very entertaining, pointing out Faery Realms, Gnome Homes, Faery Castles, and also {folks are gonna love this one} Troll walks in a park we have locally to me that is full of bridges, I think there are somewhere around 18-20 bridges in the park, one you can walk under. So it's an interesting walk at times and taking photo's for the site is interesting at best.

Hoping I can actually get my own site up now that I actually OWN {well mortgaged at the moment} home, just not the property it sits on, but I do have free reign to make and add things to the property. Management here is anxiously awaiting my Halloween Display, then Christmas.

One of the management ladies in the office has been trying to get me to set it all up NOW so she can come see it. LOL Keep telling her I'm working on the new stuff and having to update the old to get things ready for the opening on 10/1/2012.

I told her come to my house and I'll let you see some previews of how things work since I set up a lot of my display elements in my workroom, which would give her a little more of an idea as to what goes into all this zaniness that we do. ROFL

So far, she hasn't taken me up on the offer, but one of the management guys and a few of the maintenance guys have had a sneak peek, and they are very excited to see how it will all come together when I get it all done, set-up and operating.

shfr26 wrote:

Orv, have you lost your sense of humor?:)

Not all all, just seems that way sometimes.:)

Just sometimes for the benefit of others that may not be aware, I'll try and post a brief explanation.

Hey!, At least I'm doing MUCH, MUCH better at that as opposed to when I first started on here and had a very long, lengthy, overworded messages to explain things!:P:D

Took me long enough to finally break that habit.:cool:

Orville wrote:

A person can add more than one display to the list.

Don wrote:

Orville wrote:
Which brings up a question about the FAQ, since it says display and a photo would be a good option, what if you do multiple displays?   Is the site set up to handle a display at the same location for multiple holidays?

As in I do both Halloween and Christmas, and I know there are others here that may do additional holidays like Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc.   So would one be able to submit each holiday and upload a photo for each holiday they do?

A person can add more than one display to the list.

Thanks Don. That tells me what I needed to know. WIll try and add my display to the list soon.

Thanks again.:)

• The topic was locked