Light-O-Rama Forums

Background image question

Torqumada286

Is there any way to insure that you can use the same background image and accompanying settings across several computers? I do my main sequencing on my desktop at home, but do some work on my laptop when away from home, but the image path and saved settings aren't present there.

Torqumada

As long as you keep the files in the 'LOR Path', it should find everything.

IE, assume you installed S3 on 2 different computers. On one computer you told S3 that your files were in My DocumentsLight-O-Rama, and on the other one you want them in foobarweird.

If you move the files (say a Visualizer some.lee), just move it from My DocumentsLight-O-RamaVisualizationsEditorsome.lee to foobarweirdVisualizationsEditorsome.lee or vise-versa.

I know what you mean as I do the same thing myself.
When I installed LOR on my machines (2 desktops and a laptop), I set them all up to install to C:/LOR.
Then I placed the house.jpg image that I use into that same C:/LOR directory on all the machines.
So far it has worked fine when I work on sequences on one machine and then save onto a USB stick and transfer to a different machine.
You just have to make sure that when you first start up the LOR program on each machine, it is set the same as the other machines. Then you should have no trouble.
Although I do have to say that I have NOT upgraded to S3 yet to see how it will work.

I use Dropbox to keep all my sequences and music current across all of my computers. I'll have to check the pathways again to see what I have them listed as. I don't want to mess things up.

Torqumada