Light-O-Rama Forums

Strobes, flicker bulbs and the Resistive Load

Guest guest

Hi everyone, this puzzles me a little. I have four strobe lights all work perfectly. I tested them and they all worked without the resistive load. They are on one per channel. And of course they work with the extra load also. The load is a c7. I think I read somewhere last year here that the strobes will burn up a channels with out the extra load on it, is this true? And if that is not true then why am I getting those results? Flicker flame bulbs also needs a little extra load on the channel, just thought I would say that. And I have a 6v 300ma dc transformer on a channel to trigger a relay. On the ctb-08 it does not work even with a resistive load on it, when on the extra load c7 dims and the relay does not clicked (Dim? the channel was on, then I plugged the transformer in). Now I move the transformer over to the ctb-16D and it works perfectly with no extra load, What would make the c7 light dim on the ctb-08? Anyone know about these things?

Thanks!

--Daniel L

I think this has to do with Snubberless Triacs, (SP) They deal with Inductive loads better , as in transformers and motors and such. I think the newer boards have this type of triac.