Light-O-Rama Forums

Calling on all LOR forum members...

Ryan Johnson

Hi everyone. As the Academy gets closer (only 44 days!) we are trying to determine any last minute registrations. Last year we had A LOT in the last 30 days and we need to think ahead if that's potentially going to be the case again this year. With 200+ people already registered to attend we just want to ensure we can make everyone's experience the best it can be.

Please take a minute (ALL LOR members please, not just Texas-based folks!) and simply vote in the poll. This doesn't commit you to anything obviously but it gives us a better idea of what to expect in this home stretch.

Thanks everyone!

REGISTER HERE

For those that have not attended an academy put on by the Non-Profit group Lone Star Holidays - you are missing out. THey are completely first class and super organized. Plus, a number of the "big names" who write the software, design the hardware and you see on the holiday TV shows will all be there. Plus, there are dozens and dozens of classes from just starting out to hard core technical. Houston also has two airports with cheap flights and tons of cheap hotel rooms - so cash in a few of those frequent flyer miles, you won't regret it!

I am looking forward to the academy. i hope to meet many of you who have posted. so many classes, i have to pick which one i go to (multiple in the same hour i want to go to).

I will be teaching two classes about the nutcracker there.

We've received a few explanation messages/emails from folks about why they cannot attend and they are mostly apologetic in nature (ie. I have a wedding, don't have the funds right now, etc). Please know that this isn't a thread where we're wondering why folks aren't coming- our goal isn't to make anyone feel badly about a decision. In fact it's quite the opposite: over 200 people are registered and we're still 42 days out.

What we want/need to get a feel for is if we're going to see the last minute rush we did last year. To give you an idea, in 2011 we had 40% of our attendees register in the last 30 days. With the numbers we already have that would mean 80 more people! I don't think we'll see that, at least not that high, but we do want to be prepared with materials and such if that happens.

Have a great weekend everyone!

• The topic was locked