Light-O-Rama Forums

Delete a file

EARLE W. TALLEY

Mike,
I was going to ask you this question at the Florida Mini, but it looks like you might not make it due to your illness. In the Visulizer how do you delete a file from the Editor. I tried to delete from the documents file
Light-O-Rama/visualizations/editor, the file was deleted from there, but when I open the Visualizer that file is still there. If I try to open that file I get the 005-file not found error (which I should get), but the file should not be there in the first place.
Earle

Hi Earle,

The Visualizer tries to open the last .lee file opened, if you are trying to delete the last one opened it will give you an error. Open another file and then delete the one you wanted to delete, that should fix it,

Bill

Like most 'Recent Files' functions, we keep a list of those files separate from the operating system, and we don't check if they actually exist until you try to open them. Microsoft Word does the same thing.

That file will eventually fall off the 'Recent Files' menu once you open enough existing files (4).

If this happens to be the LAST file you used, AND you specified to open the last file on startup, you'll get the error. To fix that, do what Bill said: Open another file and then exit the Visualizer.

Sorry that did not solve the problem it is still there. It will not go away. It is not the last file that I opened.

I see what you are saying about " most recent files " and if that is the case then there is no problem. At the present time I only have 3 files and it will stay there untill I make another one.