Light-O-Rama Forums

computer requirments

N6AJ

I have read thru most of the Q&A but haven't found a answer. What are the requirments to run the S3 Software?
I have a older computer that I would like to run the software and show on.

Thanks for any information.

Terry

N6AJ wrote:

I have read thru most of the Q&A but haven't found a answer. What are the requirments to run the S3 Software?
I have a older computer that I would like to run the software and show on.

Thanks for any information.

Terry

Version 2.9.4 and earlier support Windows 98SE or later, but version 3.0.0 and up only support Windows XP or later.

It's best to have two separate computers. The show computer can be bare bones running XP. You can find great deals at garrage sales.

The sequencing computer needs a beefy graphics card and plenty of RAM. Duel monitor is very helpful.

If you do it all on one computer, you can't really use the computer while the show is on.

Best results IMHO would come from treating yourself to a new computer either with dual monitors or a laptop that you can extend your display to another monitor, then remove everything except LOR from your current computer and use that for the show.
If you are going to have the show computer online, make sure that you keep an antivirus on it, but exclude the Light-O-Rama folder in the documents folder, along with the Light-O-Rama folder under program files.
You should probably disable windows updates for the month too, this will prevent non-scheduled reboots.