Light-O-Rama Forums

Halloween Pics

Phillip W

Here are some pics from my haunted maze. its 100 ft x 75 ft. i use a controller for a light show in the maze. (which i have not discovered a good way to film it) and then i do a separate light show on my 1 acre front yard that normally runs about 2 weeks before halloween. i make tons of differant props for each yeah and have 3 sheds that house everything, my xmas display gets the attic in the garage. :) do to switching cell phones this year i lost most my pics but here are a few.

Attached files 314225=17147-MazeLich.jpg

Nice!! my favorite is the witch in front of the full moon...

the pic of Beetlejuice ain't bad either!!!

Phil-

Where did you get those pumpkins?! I am looking for 4 of them..
Looks great! Would be cool to get those amitronic spiders, that go up and down and attach them to your big spider web!

well i guess first things first, thats not a pic of beetlejuice, its me at our halloween party. :( i even talk like him, most ppl think i am Micheal Keaton, ask me for a picture with them. i walked a community one time and had to stop for nearly 30 picture and one lady wanted a hug too. :)

i got the pumkins all over, most came from the same place cracker gets his, Micheal's company, carve my own faces. each one is hooked to a different channel so they light up to "this is halloween" song from nightmare before xmas. my maze goes through 6 songs before i let anyone in it, so they can stand by the pool and see the pumpkins and the maze. picked up a few of them at walmart and lowes, i look for the different designs, for me its not enough to just change the faces, i like the different shapes.
the spider moves his head from side to side and is great, normally i wrap up some rates in twine so it looks like they are future meals. i found it at lowes but when i was up north menards always had great stuff.
hope any of this helps, if you look at my avatar you'll see my monks behind me, made 6 of them last year they are 6'4", very kewl looking and they line my driveway.

jimswinder wrote:

Nice!!  my favorite is the witch in front of the full moon...

we made the witch and stuff out of plywood 2 years ago, so this year in the middle room of the maze we were putting them up to distract from the real exit when i mentioned it would be kewl to place them in front of the moon, my wife who is an artist drew the moon, painted a dying tree next to it and put an owl on the limb.

our proudest project last year was the 8' x 4' mausoleum we made that looked like it was made from cinder blocks, we cut a round hole in the side and my wife painted a skull on a piece of plexiglas to look like real stain glass, we also put matching grime rippers on ether side of the door facing each other. them we put a tomb inside with a skeleton in a wedding dress on top of it with strobes and black lights. maybe ill kick up a pic if im lucky.

Phillip W wrote:

maybe ill kick up a pic if im lucky.
you mean if WE are lucky!!!

sounds awesome!!

if you want to add some eerie effect to the display, take some white fluorescent glow in the dark paint and place it on some of your props, use a LED black light with your LOR controller to light it up and it just might blow you away. did that on some tombstones last year and it was really cool in a creepy sort of way plus the tombstones continued to glow for a few seconds after the LED black light was turned off. This is an easy one to experiment with, the paint is $6 at Michael's and the LED black light can be found at SpiritHalloween.com for $12. Have fun!

Hi Phillip, i have the same spider but i have him mounted lower at the side of my home, i am going to build some sort of platform to get him up onto my roof this year, 2 obstacles to overcome, the steep pitch and the roof is tiled. Anyhow my question to you is did you make the light web yourself as it looks amazing and is exactly along the lines of what i need.

pretty simple really, just put a hook right under where your gonna mount your spider, then just go nuts and make it as you picture it. just watch your voltage. :) i had to use 2 outlets for it as i wanted it static. i used small white zip ties at the cross sections if that helps. good luck.

Thanks for the quick reply Phillip, funny you should mention voltage i ran my entire christmas static display and about 40 lor channels 1 mega and 5 minis from just my outdoor outlets. I am almost cetain they are all are on the same circuit and they never tripped once TALK ABOUT OVERLOAD.... this year i will put in 2 new circuits which will be dedicated purely for the lights. Dont want too push my luck too far !!!!!!!

For my halloween lighting i use a Lighting FX unit (bought in walgreens for $5 on clearance and it is amazing) does a great job creating the spooky lights fickering on and off i just have to keep the fx cd turned down low so i dont scare the little ones (more time for my LOR Christmas sequences :) )

i first used a 60 orange bulb string, a small fan, some thin white fabric on top of that gives all a nice flicker for walls or for a camp fire. i actually have tons of books of making home made props. hoping to break away from halloween alittle this year to do more for xmas. gets alittle old starting to put out halloween decorations the weekend after fathers day. :(