Light-O-Rama Forums

CCB in Visualizer

ainsworth

How do you create a 100 bulb CCB in the visualizer. Before upgrading to 3.3 I called each 100 bulb CCB 2 50 pixel CCRs, but now with the renumbering of the circuits in the second CCB string, the visualizer is getting confused.

Wishlist? Excuse me, but isn't that product in danger of imminent release? Or is that just a "wish" also?

I should say, a 100 bulb Cosmic Color Device simulation is part of the visualizer wishlist. I know nothing about the actual hardware.

Well I was hoping that the support for CCBs in the software would also be included in the Visualizer too. After downloading the software and installing, I found it was not. Since I'm a total newbie to the RGB, I need to see what its doing. I guess I'll stick with 2CCRs in the Visualizer and SeqEd and change it all around when CCB Vis support comes around.

Why not make it easy and do a general RGB pixel tool and let the user enter the number of pixels along with the start channel info. Ok, so it's not CCR or CCB specific but the users will love you as it makes it easy for them to use any pixel string.

• 3 months later...

At the moment just draw a CCR and make it correspond to your CCB channels, IMHO its the easiest way, although it won't look exactly like the CCBs/CCPs.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Visualizer, treat each string of CCBs as a CCR.

When you configure the CCBs, be sure they are in "Dual Normal" and they will behave as two CCR strings.

I've also learned that each 50 pixel CCB string counts as one CCR string as far as licenses go. So if you plan on using Superstar to sequence you need to add licenses in twos for every CCB you have since CCBs have two 50 pixel strings and one controller.