Light-O-Rama Forums

First *new* sequence of 12'

Arnoldc

I like it. All the fades are nice. So, what's the white color block on the front of the house? Are you smulating a bunch of spots?

jimswinder wrote:

I would throw it out and start over...

:P

looks very nice...

I threw it out many times already..... What I wanna know is what did you "edit"? Lol

Aaron Maue wrote:

I like it. All the fades are nice. So, what's the white color block on the front of the house? Are you smulating a bunch of spots?

Aaron, those are my bushes.. I use them as my chasers.. There are 10 channels and a little over 3000 lights on that.. Of you look at my last years videos you can see what it really looks like

Arnoldc wrote:

jimswinder wrote:
I would throw it out and start over...

:P

looks very nice...
I threw it out many times already..... What I wanna know is what did you "edit"? Lol
lol...

I added the "looks very nice" didn't want to sound TOO mean!! LOL

I figured as much there, buddy... I am having a hard time getting into the sequencing mood lately.. Part of the reason why that song took so long.. And since I have redone my whole display from last year.. I have to redo every song.. So far 2 down... at least 8 more to go..

And since I have redone my whole display from last year.. I have to redo every song.. So far 2 down... at least 8 more to go..

This will be my fourth year...and my fourth different display. Every year I say I am not going to change anything...and every ]year I add or subtract what I have causing a complete redo of any sequences I want to reuse...

welcome to the madness, huh?

Hahaha! I know how you feel. Every year I change up the display somewhat AND choose new songs! Am I crazy or what!!! But....the community loves it and so do I!

and yes, it is "madness" ;)

In the same boat, although I hope I can cut down on the change next year by just adding on. This year meant a whole lot mor channels and major changes to my layout. I'm hoping next year means mor channels, but less major layout changes. And by the way... you're better off than I. I have no new songs sequenced. And last years songs now line up with last year's layout, but they look exactly like they did last year. No more no less.

Here's my 2 cents...

Seems a little too blinky. If you shut off all the lights in the room and watch the sequence as though you were in a car, there are a lot of full black sections that distract from the beauty of the display. you might consider having some of your lights stay on (be it 100% or faded) to give a constant for the eyes to stay focused on.

I think it looks great!
You are months ahead of me.
I have not yet figured out what I am building or where anything is going or how many new channels, and here you are already have it in the visualizer and 1 song down. My hats off to you Arnold.

Thanks everyone!

I decided for now to keep it at is, and move on to the next one. I always tweak things as needed before the first official show starts.

• The topic was locked