Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR II

Guest guest

We don't really know what new features there are going to be in LORII. They have not released a time frame, pricing, or features. All we know is that it is suppose to be better.

Current users of LORI will be upgraded free to LORII. What I would do is wait for the yearly sale sometime next year and then you will be upgraded to LORII for free when LORII ever comes out.

-Richard

I believe that anyone starting out in computer control will find LOR1 to satisfy all their needs as they climb the learning curve necessary with any new software. Much of your time in front of the screen is developing techniques. These are the things that raise excitement of a display above "ho-hum.". LORII is not going to be a substitute for hours of creative sequencing necessary to really develop a show that viewers will want to bring their friends back to enjoy. The software is only a tool-like the artists brush-with which you can create the Magic of Christmas.

So jump in, download the demo, start creating and when you purchase a start package you will be able to unlock the software and control your lights. While there are a couple of "glitches" it will not effect your ability to create sequences. I have been using the software for 3-1/2 years and still have not discovered all of the nooks and crannies within it.

Then I understand that LORII is new sequencing software, not hardware.

I've watched dozens of light shows on the internet and I'm looking forward to doing my own next year. I'm holding out on buying hardware to see what goes on sale and becomes available this summer in that I have about 11 months to plan and execute the light show.

There were many features given at PLUS 2005, but that's been a year and a half ago so things could well have changed. My memory is hazy, but some things I remember was a form of "auto synchronization" by analyzing audio files, "subroutines", meaning you could sequence a 'lick' (say, a chase for your mini trees) and then just call that 'lick' every time you wanted to from the main sequence, rather than having to copy/paste it in, and some wizards for things like mega-trees that help you do tasks quickly. There was a lot of other stuff too.

-Tim

tfischer wrote:

My memory is hazy, but some things I remember was a form of "auto synchronization" by analyzing audio files, "subroutines", meaning you could sequence a 'lick' (say, a chase for your mini trees) and then just call that 'lick' every time you wanted to from the main sequence

This is what i am waiting for.... less need for the tapper!!! Heaven!