Light-O-Rama Forums

tornados in DFW area

mmaness

Picture of a tornado taken across our shop building in Lancaster, TX, a few minutes ago. It's about 25 miles south of where I am in our corporate office.

Pretty impressive wedge tornado:

Watch trailers being tossed 2-300 feet in the air:http://www.wfaa.com/video/featured-videos/RAW-VIDEO-Trailers-tossed-by-tornado-near-Lancaster-145976065.html

That was unbelievable. I have never seen a tornado toss trailers around like that. Thanks for sharing the video. I am thankful no one was killed.

The highlight of the coverage on CNN... Just before a commercial break: "When we come back from break we will be speaking with a Dalllas woman live in her bathroom.". I about fell out of my chair!

By the time the storms got up here where I live in Arkansas, it was just thunder and lightening. Have a long time friend who lives in Arlington, TX.. His house survived but a power pole in the backyard was snapped in half and lots of trees uprooted all over the place around him and his property too. Thankfully, no one was hurt.

I had a front row seat to the tornado that went up through Kennedale and Arlington. Not much fun watching that stuff from a car. :shock: Twas nasty looking stuff for sure.

From the damage and as many twisters as went through our area, we are very fortunate. Could have been much worse!! My home wasn't in the path of any of the tornadoes, although if the cell that did the damage in Kennedale and Arlington would have been about five miles to west... it might be a different tale.