Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR for landscape lighting

Guest guest

Anyone use the LOR for landscape lighting in the off season? I wondering how weather proof the metal boxes are. This season I did get some deep snow drifts where I would most likely mount the box. Another option would be to mount the box inside and make a pass through for the extension cords/romex and outlets.

My thinking was if it is durable enough, it would be easier to run one electrical to power the LOR instead of running 8 or 16 channels via permanent wiring. Additionally, if I move I can take the LOR and not leave useless wiring for the next owner.

Brian

I plan on using some of my controllers year 'round. I'll use the X-10 stuff to control the window candles and low voltage lighting. A 16 channel LOR board will control the yard light, three porch lights, spot lights on the house and lights in the soffet. I made sure to run the wiring for all of these to the LOR control panel.

I'm also going to set up a 16 channel board and show computer to control the landscape lighting at the campground too. I hang rope lights around the site, and we put net lights on bushes in the back. It'll be nice to have everything run automatically. That will also make it easy to set up for Christmas in July, when I plan to have a small display for the campground kids.

jeff

I made sure to run the wiring for all of these to the LOR control panel.

Can I assume your LOR will be inside? Are these channels hardwired on the LOR side or did you use an outlet / plug / etc.?