Light-O-Rama Forums

My Tunnel

jlarson

Here is a video of all the lights.

The Tunnel is 30 feet long with 20 strings of red, blue and green lights each on it's own plug. Each light string is 22 feet long and go back and forth over the tunnel 3 times.

jlarson,

We have all driven through those parks where the finale' is a canopy of lights that vehicles can pass under. The kids go crazy under that canopy.

This is the first time I have seen someone do this for foot traffic. I an anxious to know how it works out this Christmas.

You might need to put some small outdoor speakers by the canopy--maybe even just for the canopy area.

Charles

I have speakers at both ends and the last two years the people have gone nuts over it. There are so many people that have to get out of there cars ans walk thru it.
:cool:

In each pvc leg I have a 6 foot "T" fence post to hold everything up. In the bottom of each tube I drilled 2 holes and run a wire thru and around the post to hold it down. On top I use 3/4 conduit to fasten the light on with electrical tape

Thanks wife is wanting to do arches over drive way but I think something like this would be way better and stronger.

I love this and you can use it to get wires to the grass strip next to the road which opens another display area.

This is awesome. Wife wants to do arches over our walk next year (2013). I think I may have to "borrow" this idea. What size is the PVC in the arches?

For the end posts I used 4 inch pvc and for the two center posts I used 2 inch pvc.

jlarson wrote:

For the end posts I used 4 inch pvc and for the two center posts I used 2 inch pvc.
love the arch, interesting how we are finding non-conventional uses for plumbing products.

• The topic was locked