Light-O-Rama Forums

Disheartened Before My First Show

ThatDJTroy

I guess this is one good thing I love about living in a really small city, the traffic to my shows is slow, but steady I have people that will actually park their cars knock on the front door and we will have a talk about how its done, I will show some who are interested what songs I'm working on for the next season. Wheeling is losing population every census and one day it will be known as a town, not a city

I will keep my show alive as long as I am, I am hoping my son will grow an interest in what I do, so far he likes to watch the final product. Even the City and State Police will bring their families and watch the show for a while, That's what I love about being in a small city no HOA or other restrictions that stop me from doing what I love to do

I saw a bumper sticker that read, "Will The Last Person to leave Wheeling, Turn out the Lights"

well..... that would be me

We had almost 3000 people stand in line for over an hour to go through our "haunted house" display (LOR main lighting & prop control + extras)this year (open for 4 days). That was our 21St year doing a Halloween show. All but one of our neighbors either love the show or at least support it. Of course there is the one that doesn't, but the rest of them help keep her under control. We do have to get Fire Dept approval though. (Walk through open to public) Christmas display is soo much lower key,set them up and watch the kids. (both old and young)

jimswinder wrote:

Troy Mann wrote:
Hey Jim, I would love to see the push button interactive set up you have. I might have to drive over there this year and check it out. (You use LOR for the interactive display?)

yes, I use LOR for the interactive buttons...very easy to set up

Sounds like a winter trip to Port Angeles is needed!!!

Which button makes things fall down?

I picked up gifts for all my neighbors after Christmas last year, I give them to my neighbors when the show starts, and again after it ends.
Also when it snows I will us my snow blower to help out as many neighbors as I can.
To date, they are all cool and at least to my face tell my how much they enjoy it.
So bottom line, I go for the preemptive strike plan :P