Light-O-Rama Forums

Mega Tree isn't spinning

roach.dan@gmail.com

I'm setting up my visualizes and the channel wizard is applying the channels to my 16 channel mega tree. However it is looking more like a spiral tree and has multi colors...am I missing something?

Sounds like you are not using the channel wizard correctly. How many colors is your tree, and how many separate regions are there?

For example, it's a 1 color tree with 16 regions, 2 color with 8, etc.....

Hi Mike

It's one color 16 regions like a pie. Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, question 2: When using the Channel Wizard, are you creating the channels as 'New', or are you using a 'Reference File'?

If you are creating them as 'New', on step 3 you must specify 1 channel per fixture, and then select the color.

If you are creating them with 'Reference' channels, on step 3 you must specify 1 channel per fixture, and then select the first channel. The remaining channels will then be assigned in DeviceType/Network/Unit/Circuit order. If your channels are NOT contiguous (that is, if the second channel in Dev/Net/Unit/Cir order is NOT the second slice of your tree), you can not use the 'reference' channels method, and must use the 'new' method (or assign the channels by hand on each of the 16 fixtures).

'Use the same channels on each fixture' should NOT be checked.

More info on the channel wizard here:
http://www.lightorama.com/help/channel_assignment_wizard_non_.htm

(Ignore that step 2 says 'S2 or New'. 'S2' really equals 'Reference' -- we just haven't updated the help doc yet)

Got it to work thanks Mike! I was putting 16 in for number of repeating channels and throwing it way off.