Light-O-Rama Forums

Where to download Mp3 tunes?

Guest guest

Ok, ok so I have a lot of albums and cassettes that I still play. I do have a few cds. Mp3 files are another story. I've found a few sites that are Russian run. Those don't look too legal, so they are out. I bought an itune. Nope, they have something like m4u or something file. I thought I had learned my lesson and read the fine print so I bought a song at Rhapsody. They had a .rax file format. I contacted their support and was told the .rax could not be converted to mp3 for security reasons. The wordings on their website lead me to believe I was downloading an mp3. I'll not be downloading a bunch of songs so I don't need a site with a monthly subscription. So, my question is where can I just download a few songs and just pay per song with no monthly fees and legally?

You can convert Itunes to MP3 using a program called Tunebite. I had problems with Itunes too. This is what I found to assist me.

Or, you can use a program by Total Recorder which will also take an Itunes and make it whatever format you need.

To change iTunes m4p to mp3 all you have to do is create a playlist of the songs, and then select Burn Playlist to Disk'

To use them with LOR, I then re-rip the mp3 back to my computer and then open each one in Audacity and save them as 128 bit mp3's to my LOR audio folder.