Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel Playtime

Guest Guest

wbottomley wrote:

Hummm.... a person could add 13 strands of CCB's (50ct) to each E681. Of course... that's with an ELOR or using native E1.31.
see...that means absolutely NOTHING to me!!!

except of course the term "CCB's"... LOL

which for me means:

Continuously
Clogged
Brain

I should have my GE lights going by the end of the week myself. Good times. Now I just need one more e681 to catch up with you William!

wbottomley wrote:

Hummm.... a person could add 13 strands of CCB's (50ct) to each E681. Of course... that's with an ELOR or using native E1.31.

thanks for the E681 and ELOR hints...

found them on the SanDevices website...

guess I gotta unclog my brain and do some more research and reading....

Guest wbottomley

LOL. I'm getting to the point that I love playing with DIY stuff. Plug-n-play is fine for some.... but others love more challenging things. Now... to get it working is going to be the headache.

I am kind of the same way I am okay with plug and play but I like the challanging things that make you sit there and stare at it and say now what

T110431 wrote:

I like the challenging things that make you sit there and stare at it and say now what

yeah..that's me in the morning right after the alarm goes off... :P:shock::X

jimswinder wrote:

T110431 wrote:
I like the challenging things that make you sit there and stare at it and say now what

yeah..that's me in the morning right after the alarm goes off... :P:shock::X

The alarm I always say AGAIN

Pixels are in either this or next years display I would like to build a mega that is fully rgb pixalized (not sure if it is a word or if it is even spelled right)

T110431 wrote:

Pixels are in either this or next years display I would like to build a mega that is fully rgb pixalized (not sure if it is a word or if it is even spelled right)

I'm with you, Tttus, but definitely next year. I informed the wife this past weekend that I was planning on a RGP pixel megatree for 2013. Little reaction one way or the other, so I'm counting that as her being on board. :P

Aaron Maue wrote:

Little reaction one way or the other, so I'm counting that as her being on board. :P
or she just figures that by 2013, you'll have forgotten or you'll be on to the "next big thing" in Christmas Lighting... :P

jimswinder wrote:

Aaron Maue wrote: 
Little reaction one way or the other, so I'm counting that as her being on board. :P
or she just figures that by 2013, you'll have forgotten or you'll be on to the "next big thing" in Christmas Lighting...  :P

Good point. My mind isn't exactly a steel trap. I better write this one down. Now where did I put that pen?

If anybody has tried to download the ELOR KIT assembly instructions from SanDevices- that web page is not available at this time. Jim did send me a pdf copy. I'll email it to anyone who sends me their address via PM.

Guest wbottomley

TGabriel wrote:

Alright William where is the picture of the bushel basket with the pixels in it.

Thomas

I haven't got them yet. A sample of TLS 3001IC are coming.

William, is there a reason you are going with the 3001IC? I need to order some pixels and still havent decided which ones to buy. So far all my pixels are the GECE's.

I took the plunge for pixel control for 2012. Originally, I was planning to use Madrix, but after finding the free Pixel Toy and then seeing the development of Nutcracker, I decided to wait on Madrix and see how the others pan out. I decided to go with pixel strings rather than the CCBs due to the cost. I was able to order eighteen 50 pixel strings with the 2801 from the diy site during a bulk buy for $30 per string. The strings should be here on Thursday. Have the ELOR and both the San Devices E681 and the Joshua 1 Systems ECG-P12R to experiment with and see if one might have advantages over the other. As I understand it, I can use both systems if I get a second ELOR. Will be interesting to see if there is a bandwidth problem, but the concensus is that there won't be by those I have talked with. Time will tell.