Light-O-Rama Forums

First and only glitch

Guest guest

I have the scheduler set to auto turn on/off the lights. I started running Thanksgiving night and did not have one glitch until Christmas Eve night. For some reason about 9:00 I noticed the lights were off. I opened up the menu in the system bar and it still showed the lights enabled, so I turned them off. Then I could not access the menu anymore. I ended up re-booting the computer and soon as it booted back up the lights came back on. Not sure what happened, but this has been my ONLY glitch all season long. Guess it was prolly a Windows thing.

James

Ok, dont know how I missed this thread but it sounds almost like the glitch I have had. My lights have run since dec 1st without a problem every night until every once in a while they will stop, but the music and show will continue. I just simply restart the show and the lights will resume.

Im using 150' CAT6 cable for the data connection. Wonder if its noise from somthing in the house causing the LOR to lose connection with computer. I havent went to the basement to see if the LOR LED is blinking when this occurs. I keep forgetting to do that as I am more concerned with getting the show to resume.

I'm using LOR 1602W unit.

bkdraft: Was your LOR LED blinking when your glitch happend?

My guess is that you have a USB connector. There are new USB drivers available and with the next major release of the software there will be enhanced USB support.

We have seen some USB related issues this year (first year with lots of USB in the field) and we believe that we have come to understand and know how to correct them.

I am using the USB and ELL. I did not check to see if the music was playing, (or check the LED lights on the controllers) only noticed the lights had quit. A re-boot of the computer fixed the problem. "if" it does it again I will check a little closer. I will also download the new drivers.

James

I updated the drivers, all went well and everything still works. :]

Ive had this same problem. The LOR control panel will stop controlling the lights and i have to stop the processes and restart LOrtray and LORmonitor. WHen they start they say that another program is using the port. (which nothing is) Then i disabe shows, unplug the USB from my computer and re-enable shows. Obviously it doesnt enable. Then i reconnect the USB and enable everything works fine. I already have the most recent driver