Light-O-Rama Forums

Best MP3 Ripper?

Guest guest

Kermit1654 wrote:

I need a good freeware program for a CD to MP3 ripping? What's the popular program that you are using to rip CD's for LOR software?

Not sure if it's 'best' but good old Windows Media Player works well for me, as does iTunes.

-Tim

Thanks for the quick response. I tried Media Player but mine will only produce WMA files. Says I need to purchase a plug in to rip MP3's ? I'm not totally against that, but would perfer to save a few bucks if there are other options?

Kermit1654 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. I tried Media Player but mine will only produce WMA files. Says I need to purchase a plug in to rip MP3's ? I'm not totally against that, but would perfer to save a few bucks if there are other options?

Hmm, mine must have came with the plugin then. In that case, you can use iTunes. You'll have to change the settings to rip to MP3 as the default is AAC.

-Tim

Why do you need to get an MP3. WMA works equally well, and because it is mathematically lossless, your audio quality won't go down. To use it in LOR, go to the folder which the file is located in and type the file name in the file name box. Include the file extension. As long as WMP (Windows Media Player) can play the file, then LOR can.