Light-O-Rama Forums

Wish List

kevin

I don't know if this is the correct place to post wish list for the Visualizer program, but here are a few of mine.

1) Constraint while resizing and drawing
2) Zoom in and out
3) Some kind of measurement or referance length
5) Circle and Arch tool for bulb strings
6) Nudge tool using arrows to move objects for better placement & alignment.

This is the right spot.

With the exception of #1, all those are already on the wishlist. I'll make sure that I add your vote.

I'm not sure what you want for #1. Can you explain it more?

George Simmons wrote:

Another sign that the apocalypse is upon us - people in Iowa learning to count...

LOL. I had that coming. Next time, I'll just set it on a tee.

And since Mike responded to this thread, I'll add another one.

1. When assigning a fixture to a prop, when choosing the last prop from the drop down, allow me to just press Enter on the keyboard to save the prop, including the last fixture. Currently, when I do that, the last fixture doesn't get assigned. I have to "click away" from the last fixture drop down, otherwise it doesn't seem to take.

Aaron Maue wrote:

1. When assigning a fixture to a prop, when choosing the last prop from the drop down, allow me to just press Enter on the keyboard to save the prop, including the last fixture. Currently, when I do that, the last fixture doesn't get assigned. I have to "click away" from the last fixture drop down, otherwise it doesn't seem to take.

Huh... I know that form has a 'default button' specified, so it should work that way. Maybe I didn't code it right. If it's a bug, I'll get it fixed.

#1 would be for drawing perfect squares, circles, or lines. i.e. use the shift key when resizing an object the ratio would stay the same.

kevin wrote:

#1 would be for drawing perfect squares, circles, or lines.  i.e. use the shift key when resizing an object the ratio would stay the same.

Ahhh, ok. Yup, that one is on the list too.

DevMike wrote:

Aaron Maue wrote:

Huh... I know that form has a 'default button' specified, so it should work that way. Maybe I didn't code it right. If it's a bug, I'll get it fixed.

Mike,

The Enter works as a default button. But for some reason, the last fixture doesn't "stick" unless you click away before you press Enter. It's not a super big deal, as I've made it a habit to click away, but though I'd let you know about the bug in case others are seeing it.

Mike,

If it helps, I'm running 3.1.4.

Also, found a new one this morning (I think). In the sequence editor, when I use Ctrl-S to save the sequence, it doesn't work unless I have a "cell" selected in the grid. If I do Ctrl-S without something selected (even if the sequence has the focus), Ctrl-S doesn't seem to work.

Thx.

0000154 Editor minor assigned (Mike) 2012-03-12 If a user used the selection drop down on the prop properties and then pressed OK, the last fixture selected was not saved

Aaron Maue wrote:

DevMike wrote:
Aaron Maue wrote:

Mike,

The Enter works as a default button.  But for some reason, the last fixture doesn't "stick" unless you click away before you press Enter.  It's not a super big deal, as I've made it a habit to click away, but though I'd let you know about the bug in case others are seeing it.

It was a bug, and I fixed it. It will be out with the next release (I don't know what that will be).

Aaron Maue wrote:

Mike,

If it helps, I'm running 3.1.4.

Also, found a new one this morning (I think). In the sequence editor, when I use Ctrl-S to save the sequence, it doesn't work unless I have a "cell" selected in the grid. If I do Ctrl-S without something selected (even if the sequence has the focus), Ctrl-S doesn't seem to work.

Thx.

I really only work on the Visualizer, but I actually know the answer to this one. When we were swamped trying to get 3.0.0 out the door, I helped Bob with a few things and this was one of them.

What we found out was there isn't a lot we can do about it for now. The way we build the menus prevents us from getting that keystroke unless you are in a window (IE: you have a cell selected). Eventually we may be able to fix it, but the fix is not easy, so we skipped it for now.

Thanks, Mike. Neither one is a big deal, but thought I'd point them out in case you hadn't seen them yet.

• 1 month later...

Aaron Maue wrote:

DevMike wrote:
Aaron Maue wrote:

Mike,

The Enter works as a default button.  But for some reason, the last fixture doesn't "stick" unless you click away before you press Enter.  It's not a super big deal, as I've made it a habit to click away, but though I'd let you know about the bug in case others are seeing it.

V3.3.0 has addressed this issue. Please let me know if you still have the problem. Thanks!