Light-O-Rama Forums

Major problems

trafficman

OK.. This is a good one. Had my laptop on a docking station and updated my ATI driver so I could flip the monitors. When I removed the laptop from the docking station I had no control on the laptop display. I took it to work and my IT man rolled back the driver so now my laptop displays fine. Put it back on the docking station and opened LOR S3 select a sequence and it loaded all the channel but the timing marks and program does not load. It will allow me to mouse over and it shows me the message box. I can open layout and see the yard and play it but S3 will not allow me to close the layout. Can we say Stuck like Chuck right now. Guess I can reload the newest driver again. Not sure what this trouble could be.. Has anyone seen this before. I have restarted the laptop.

S3 relies heavily on the latest correct display drivers. You can sometimes get by with going into edit/preferences/display/options (something like that, this is from memory) and finding a display mode that paints the test graphic correctly. But the better solution may be to find a driver version that behaves better.

klb-- Thanks for the help. I took it off the docking station and restarted the laptop and works well. Hooked up the monitor to the back of the laptop and only LOR software is having issues. I can move a google search from one display to another without a issue. If I try to minimize LOR it goes down to my task bar. If I try to click it it will not open back up until I right click it and maxinize it. Strange it has never done this.. Right now I am copying all my files over.. LOL

Files copied over and laptop works fine. Not sure what the driver issue is but will let the shop work on that one.

Ok.. Got it back and worked fine at the shop. I have everything hooked up and when I have LOR software open and try to size the screen it goes down to my task bar. This does not allow me to slide it onto my dual monitor. I tried Google search resize it and all works fine. Is there a setting in LOR to stop me from resizing the screen? Thanks for all the help.

When adding a monitor, some programs get confused on where they should popup. My understanding of this is the coordinate system on the laptop is changed, but the program has stored its last position using the old coordinates. So when the program starts, it positions itself off the screen in a non-visible area.
This happens to me all the time when I remote in to my office computer or disconnect the extra monitor from my laptop.

My solution is to use the MOVE option and keyboard. If you cant see the program but you know its open because its in the task bar, or only maximize works but normal (less than full screen) makes it disappear, then do this.

Right click in the task bar and select normal. then right click again and select MOVE this time. You should see a cross mouse pointer. Then with the keyboard (not the mouse) use the right arrow key to slide the hidden program onto the visible area of the screen. In my experience the hidden program has always been on the left so you move it right with the right arrow key. When its fully visible click the mouse.

soundsd like its in the max size now try placing curser on edge of lor and dragging it to edge of screen when its the size you need it x it out then reopen it and see if the size stays where you put it

BobO.. Worked like a champ.. Not sure what caused it but what a pain if you have never seen it. Thanks for all the help.

T purser it would never allow me a arror to move it. It was very strange but I have it working now. Thanks for the reply.

Now I can start with my spiral tree on dual monitors. This is going to be fun. I will use C6's for my spiral this year and they are LED.. Sure hope I did not make a 1200 buck mistake. LOL

Jeff