Light-O-Rama Forums

All Controllers Shutting Off

Guest guest

LightORama wrote:

zman wrote:
This is really puzzling now and we may not figure it out till it happens again. Last night, it rained like heck, and the display worked fine, again. Today I will reboot the controllers just for good measure, because some of my LED's are remaining lit at about 5-10%. Not a huge concern.

Dan, as stated, Cont 1 goes totally out. The only reason I knew that 2 and 3 went later is that, I was outside when one event happened. C1 went out and about 1 minute later 2&3 went off at the same time. Then 2 channels remained lit on C2 all else was out. There is no intermittant, once out, it says out. In the Sequence Editor, it thinks it is still running, cause I had to stop the sequence first, then re-play it.

I think Mike has something, it is comms, no doubt, but I even rebooted the computer and fired it back up when the problem was occurring about every 5 - 10 minutes.

zman,

Are you playing your show from the Sequence Editor rather than the Show Player or was that a terminology issue above?... If you are playing them from the Sequence Editor then I recommend that you switch to the Show Player. The Sequence Editor was not designed to run continiously...

Dan, no you read that right. I was running it from the Sequence Editor with Loop at End selected. Since Christmas Eve, when all this happened, things have been running fine. At this point, with my experience with these things (ELL's), plus the input here, and something I read in another thread, it had to be some interference somehow that was causing the problem. All has been running just fine since then. I will heed your input on the Show Player. I got lot;s of work to do over the next 10 months.