Light-O-Rama Forums

End of the Season Sorrow

Guest guest

It’s like loosing a friend! I was in the SCHEDULE EDITOR deleting the show for days after Christmas. Since Thanksgiving I have taken such pleasure when my nightly show starts…now the season is coming to an end.

Since this is my first year with an extravagant display, I was wondering: How long do you all keep running your shows after Christmas is over?

I started out with a modest display, only 34 channels (32 channels with 2 channels doubled using relays to add the additional channels). I mixed and blended 5 songs to come up with a 12 minute presentation centered on a snowflake light theme. I will post a link next week on this board and I very much look forward to the comments and suggestions of everyone.

This is the friendliest, helpful and inspiring board I have ever visited. Reading your posts and comments, I feel I know so many of you. I am daily drawn back for not only for the suggestions, but for the comradery and true Christmas Spirit of all of you. Thank you and Merry Christmas to all…and to all a good night.

- Dave

North Central Arizona

This is my first year as well and I plan on running my show through New years eve. I programed 5 songs from scratch and with the help of those sharing on this site modified three additional songs. The 8 song show lasts 29minutes. My wife and I enjoy watching the traffic out front. As I type we have 5 cars lined up watching the show.

Have Fun!

Im sad to end too. I will stop New Years Eve at Midnight. I actually got a kick out of watching the cars and people everynight since Thanksgivng when we started....;) I feel like im losing a friend...

I remember the first few nights of the display running I would stay home at nights to make sure everything kept running. My wife wanted to go out to dinner one night and leaving it running without me there was almost like leaving your Newly born baby for the first time with a baby sitter. I kept thinking "I hope it is still running" while we were out and could not wait to get home to make sure everything was ok.

We have had a lot of family parties (and another one tonight) over at my Parents home and when I am gone, I always check out my traffic cam at http://www.holdman.com/christmas/webcam.asp to make sure my front yard it not on fire or there are cops in front of my house. ;)