Light-O-Rama Forums

Got my first controller

asetti

:-) Set up easy and was able to upgrade my free SW to the Basic Plus. Configured HW, set up a basic show from the two TSO demos on the website and plugged in some sample lights. Show works great.

Now I just need the other three controllers for the other 48 channels of lights for the songs I built on the demo SW.

go light o rama!

Welcome to our world and I'm a newbie myself. Upgrade your license to allow for the number of controllers you expect or more as you deem needed. Start reading here in the forums as I've learned, there are a lot of very wise people here whom have the knowledge and experience to guide us on our way. Its certainly not a cheap hobby as I'm finding out as it appears most everything costs $250 each. So far, I've only got two controllers and will be buying three more shortly. Maybe next year, I'll get into the CCR's as they look pretty cool.

Anyway congrats on getting started!

GoofyGuy wrote:

Rock on and enjoy! You only have about 9 months to get it ready! Time is not on your side.

I hear that too...finished my sequencing already but lots of hardware yet to procurr and make it work

Guest wbottomley

asetti wrote:

:-)  Set up easy and was able to upgrade my free SW to the Basic Plus.  Configured HW, set up a basic show from the two TSO demos on the website and plugged in some sample lights.  Show works great.

Now I just need the other three controllers for the other 48 channels of lights for the songs I built on the demo SW. 

go light o rama!

Kind of like.... well, you know what I mean. Boy... was it great. :)

Welcome to the madness! Read all you can then read some more....
Kinda exciting once you hook up that controller and see the lights dance to the beat, huh?
Gets tough sometimes, but well worth the smiles it gives!

dgrant wrote:

Welcome to our world and I'm a newbie myself. Upgrade your license to allow for the number of controllers you expect or more as you deem needed. Start reading here in the forums as I've learned, there are a lot of very wise people here whom have the knowledge and experience to guide us on our way. Its certainly not a cheap hobby as I'm finding out as it appears most everything costs $250 each. So far, I've only got two controllers and will be buying three more shortly. Maybe next year, I'll get into the CCR's as they look pretty cool.

Anyway congrats on getting started!

welcome assetti, @dgrant you can get the ctb16pc that you have to put in the cords,very easy takes about an hour working on 7 right now 2 to go just wish they were all mine, the controllers are $205 great deal

Yes, I saw those and yes, they should be very simple which is not a concern. I'm sort of waiting on LOR to hopefully have a sale shortly so I might be able to save more.

Asetti,
Welcome to the fun and games. I would suggest editing your profile to include your location. Often helps finding someone nearby to help out.

Welcome to the madness asetti! I am a newbie as well and this forum will prove invaluable to you as you make preparations for your first display. As many people have suggested: read, read, and then read some more. And don't be afraid to ask questions. We are all here to help each other out.

There is a lot of info out there (in the internet world)......this forum, YouTube, & so on. I feel as though I am a newbie each year do to the fact I learn something that helps better the show each year.

Don't be to hard on yourself & go into this with a positive attitude from the get go. Try avoiding going into debt for this lighting hobby & you might enjoy it even better knowing you don't have bills hanging over your head.

Remember this is a hobby & so do not let this hobby get in way of your other obligations.......other wise you practically become a hermit and you live & breath this hobby & everything around you gets side line.....yes, it got to me in 2009 & 2010 and 2007, 2008 & 2011 were good priority years.

There are displays that close down for various reasons each year & sometimes you see great deals on controllers so keep your eyes open.