Light-O-Rama Forums

Drip tubes

PKingRoch

I started my layout for my displaay next year and I realized there wasn't any mention in here on how to create a drip tub prop/fixture. Did I miss it? Any clues on how to set something like this up?

Thanks!
Paul

I haven't been able to find a way yet either. I just draw white lines where the blizzard tubes go. They fire randomly so I don't really need to see them move in the visualizer, just need to know they have been sequenced in.

Snow tubes are not directly supported. The best thing to do is what Mwhite suggests: Draw them as 'regular' strings.

I'll add this to the wishlist (if it's not already there).

• 6 months later...

I found a way;

Draw a single bulb. Use that channel for bulb one. Put that bulb one for the number of drip tubes you have (or just a bunch of different places). Then go draw bulb two. Assign it to a channel you might not use (i.e. Unit 1A, Channel 1). Go and draw that bulb under all the bulb ones you created. Then go and draw bulb three under bulb two under all the different "tube places". Again, assigning it to a dummy channel. Keep going with as many "bulbs" you wish (I only did 5). Then go to your editor and do the same thing. Have you ONE channel for your tubes, but create all the "dummy channels". Once you have done that, then go and do chases starting on bulb one and going down to your bottom bulb. I have my timing grid down to .05 and did a fade up for .15....and then did the chase for about 15 grid squares. I was pretty impressed how it turned out. You could create more "dummy channels" to make it even more random if you wish.

Just remembered though....

You will need to go back and change the fade up for the snow tube channel to just ON for that duration...after you go over your animation in visualizer.