Light-O-Rama Forums

Get HolidayCoro Singing Christmas Trees Free!

dmoore

HolidayCoro has been busy with a variety of new designs for 2012 and the first is the new Singing Christmas Tree!

We have released it in three different versions:

Single Singing Tree (46" x 46") http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/101.htm
Singing Tree Quartet (46" x 46") http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/100.htm
Huge Singing Tree (92" x 92") http://www.holidaycoro.com/product-p/102.htm

100-2.jpg?1329050250

The best part? We are awarding up to 6 first place winners a complete Singing Christmas Tree Quartet including free shipping (a $150 value) or up to three second place prizes of a $50 free store credit at HolidayCoro. The catch? Just produce a sequence for the Christmas Tree Quartet! Here are some videos of current sequences for the Christmas Tree Quartet:

Legal Stuff

o First place winners (up to 6 will be awarded depending on volume of entries) will receive the four, 46"x46" Singing Christmas Tree panels, including free shipping (within the lower United States) - a $150 value! (bulbs not included)

o Second place winners (up to 3 will be awarded depending on volume of entries) will receive a $50 store credit (not valid for and RGB, DMX or power supply hardware - credit will expire Aug 30th, 2012 - credit cannot be applied to shipping or sales tax.)

o The contest ends on April 30th, 2011 at 12am Central Standard Time. Evaluation, selection and notification of the winners will occur within 7 days of the close of the contest and winner names will be posted at HolidayCoro.com.

o There are no guarantees that your submitted sequence will be a winner.

o No purchase of the Singing Christmas Trees is required.

o More than one entry by the same individual is welcome. Multi-sequence winners will receive as many awards based on their placement.

o Winning entries that elect to receive giveaway items become property of HolidayCoro.com and may not be distribute outside of HolidayCoro, though you are welcome to use them in your personal display. The author's name will be retained in the sequence credits. No future remuneration will be provided.

o For customers that have purchased the Singing Christmas Tree ahead of the awards and are awarded either a first or second prize, we will refund or credit your prior order.

Technical Stuff

o The sequences must be sequenced and submitted in LOR S3 using the Channel Template and background image that can be downloaded here:

http://www.holidaycoro.com/downloads/SingingChristmasTrees-LOR-S3-Channel-Template-Ver.1.0.zip

o The sequences must be saved in the standard .LMS format and must not be encrypted (this only occurs with the Demo version of LOR S3) or compressed.

o Sequences submitted should include the .LMS file and the audio file you sequenced against. Both files should be sent to sales@HolidayCoro.com. If you have more than one, please send them in separate emails.

o Submitted sequences should retain the existing controller/channel order in the template - no changes allowed to the channel names or orders. You are welcome to create additional tracks though no additional channels should be added.

Sequencing Recommendations

o There are no specific recommendations for music to be selected - rap, pop, 70's, 80's, 90's, country, show tunes, movie sound tracks, etc. are all welcome. We do recommend well known music that has a broad appeal to many audiences and that does not contain offensive language. Ideally the music should have a Christmas focus.

o As there are four Christmas Trees in the quartet, we recommend using vocal tracks that have multiple singers.

o We recommend using un-modified song tracks as it can be hard for our customers to get sequences to match up to modified audio tracks. We recommend against the use of re-mixes. The songs used need to be available for purchase on Amazon.com.

o We are looking for very accurate and matching sequencing to the singers in the music.

SteveMaris wrote:

I tried the link and got nothing. Is it just an animation for the visualizer?

It's the channel layout and visualizer (LCC) file. I've checked the link and it appears to be ok but I can email you the file if there are issues with downloading it.

There was a mistake that Bob-O discovered in the inital channel template - two sets of channels were switched. The template has been updated at the same link as above.

Thanks,
David

asetti wrote:

April 30th, 2011

I assume it means 2012?

I must have reviewed this post 5 times before I clicked post and didn't see that. yes, that would be correct - entries must be submitted by April 30th, 2012.

Thanks
David

jerrymac wrote:

I'll have one of the 6 winners to you in a few days. This way you will only need to choose 5 more 1 place winners. :dude:

That's what I like - someone who knows they are a winner!

Of course those entering more than one entry are welcome to claim multiple winnings (as we had in the past with our Singing Monsters Giveaway).

Wouldn't adding in the audio track be a violation of copy rights? Telling you what song the sequence is of and you supplying your own copy would still get the same results, yet not violate the copy rights.

I just started a sequence and I don't think I'll be able to finish before the deadline. It's pretty long. But so far this is so cool. Hope to share what I got when I'm done. Good luck to all and Have fun. :D

Max Paul is right we cant send the audio file that would be a copyright issue I will attach a link for amazon.com but I can not attach the audio file it self

T110431 wrote:

Max Paul is right we cant send the audio file that would be a copyright issue I will attach a link for amazon.com but I can not attach the audio file it self

Not a problem at all - I just need a link to the Amazon download for the audio.

Thanks,
David
HolidayCoro

Brian Mitchell wrote:

I think I should get an honorary prize just for giving them the idea for singing trees. :-)

I wish I had thought of the Singing Christmas Tree. They were orginal designs of Sally Simpson that we licenced. A customer mentioned them to us and we decided they looked really cute also and decided to add them to our product line.