Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR not working after rain

Guest guest

Hello,

I am located in Phoenix, AZ where it hardly rains. Today it rained for most of the afternoon, and not my LOR is not working. I am having a problem getting the wireless connection with the Easy Light Linkers to the LOR. For some reason it is not reading the Unit.

There seemed to be a connection at first, but the lights were blinking out of sequence or not at all. Seemed they were off for the most part.

Can someone please let me know what I can try to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jim Angel

I'd run a cable out to the first LOR controller for a little bit, and see if the controller is working correctly. It's hard to tell if it's a wireless problem, or a controller problem at this point.

Hi Don,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I do not have a cable long enough to reach to my box. That is the reason I decided to go with the wireless linker. Everything has been working great all month, but for some reason after a little rain, it is not working at all.

Jim

Do you have a laptop, or a way to connect the controller and computer together?

I'd also check the make sure the ELL has the correct lights flashing on them. (I don't own one, so I don't know what to tell you off the top of my head.)

Jim:

Like Don suggested, check the lights. LED 1 should be flashing about once per second, LED 2 should flash showing data. The LED on the controller should be on solid. Start there first and make sure the connectors are good if you don't see lights on the ELL. We just had 2 inches of rain here in the last 24 hours and my 3 units outside came through perfect.

Mike

Don,
I Live in Phoenix area too (Gilbert). I would recommend buying a long cat 5 cable from Fry's or Compusa. Then connect directly to test the controllers. Once you have figured out if it is a controller or wireless issue, just return the cable to the store. I believe you can buy the cable in 75 or 100 ft lengths.

Flanman

mysavanna wrote:

Hi Don,

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I do not have a cable long enough to reach to my box. That is the reason I decided to go with the wireless linker. Everything has been working great all month, but for some reason after a little rain, it is not working at all.

Jim

Mysavanna, did you ever get resolution on this issue? We have one person in Florida that has 50+ ELLs in their setup. They make it through lots of rain BUT there can be something here at play.

Hello Dan,

I believe it was a problem with the easy light linker not having a clear connection. I ended up moving one of the ends, and it appears to be working OK now. I am thinking about getting a long Cat 5 Cable next year rather than wireless. I found that Fry's Electronics has 100 and 250 ft cables available.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Jim Angel