Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB Display Elements

dougd

What is the first element of your display you have changed to RGB?

I picked up 16 sets of the GE pixels after Christmas. At first I was thinking a mega tree was what I was going to use them on. Yestreday I got thinking I would get more bang for my buck if I used them for arches. Last night I made an arch out of one them and it looked pretty good. I wanted to try putting dryer vent over it but apperently you can no longer get anything but the foil type around here. I might have to order a different type of pixel string for arches what is anybody using for arches besides CCR's?

Anyways, just trying to get this coming years display finalized. I am up to version 20 on my channel config in the sequencer and version 15 of my visualizer.

check in your local home improvement store but not for Dryer vent, they still have the white but for like exhaust fans and such. Our Menards carries both

Lowe's also carries a thin white tube, about 2 inches in diameter than can be used over lights. It's in the plumbing department as Pump Siphon Tube.

I plan on making frames for my 6 windows and 4 edges of the house using 5050 rgb strips. I also plan to make a Merry Christmas sign made of 3d coro letters about a foot tall each with rgb strips inside.
I have 20 boxes of the GECE's also. I am not sure what they will be used for other than lining the entire roof for sure.

Well I guess it will be back to lowes again today, I didnt look in the exhaust fan area the other day, maybe they will have it there. Guess for now I will continue down the arch/pole route for my RGB stuff. I see most people use the RGB on there house. My house is not the back drop for my display, so I do very little on the house any more.

I haven't started yet but plan on replacing my arches, 4 ft tomato cage trees, window trip and house trip with RGB, been working on the order just waiting for the ok from the wife.