Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx progress

Lincoln Lights

I have just received my sample package from holidaycoro, and I have made significant progress in the learning curve of dmx control... I think.

What I have been able to do so far. I set up a dongel using the usb 485, assigned channels in the sequencer, set up a sample lay out in the visualizer and got it to work. So I thought I was ready to start splicing...

After hooking up the power supply, the usb 485, and the dmx control module, and after some rewiring, I got the sample rgb's to respond to the sequencer; however, this is where my first problem arises..

When the sequence is playing, I am getting random flashes from the rgb's. My first thought was there is a short some where... so i used a new cat 5. no fix.

if anyone has had a similar problem, let me know how you fixed this. is this because I am using the usb 485? I do not think it is my computer and its limitations... brand new laptop...

Any direction would be appreciated.

silly me... when i connected the groung, the random flickering stopped... now on to my next question... my power supply from holiday coro makes a very annoying humming sound... is this common for dc power supplys, and if not, what is a good alternative

I've got a bunch of those waterproof supplies from David, no humming probs. I would contact him he will get it resolved. The nice thing about those supplies is no additional waterproofing protection needed

david is awesome to work with... I have one last small issue with the web site though. I can log in from work to see my account however, I am not able to log in at home... I have a new windows 7 laptop at home, and when I try to log in, it just reloads the log in page