Light-O-Rama Forums

S3 and SS

trafficman

Ok.. On the page to buy SS and see a comment in RED that states S3 Software is required to use the product. This is a addon to S3. Due to the number of channels I have I understand I need to buy the 24 CCR package. Do I have to buy the S3 also? I have S2 advanced now.

Jeff

If Im not mistaken when you buy the SS software you get a license that is also good for S3. Have you called or chatted up LOR. Try to get a hold of someone there. I believe DON stated if you buy any LOR software your liecense is universal for all the LOR software. So you buy the SuperStar package and S3 will come with it. As well if there are any updates for 1 year you get them free!

GG has it right ...

If you purchase a SS licence, your regular LOR license will be 'renewed' for one year. That renewal gives you the ability to upgrade to S3 at the same licese level. Thus if you are running Basic Plus, your renewal would be good for S3 Basic Plus.

Since you are running S2 Advanced, your renewal would be good for S3 Advanced.

I did try to call but they dont open till 10am.. LOL Looks like I am going to step off into the deep end now. Time will only tell and I do have a few months to program/play with it.

Jeff

trafficman wrote:

Ok just bought SS. Now do I download SS and S3?

Yes, you can get the latest version (currently 3.1.4) from the software download page. Download the installer, close all of your running programs (especially LOR programs), and run the installer. After it finishes, when you start up some LOR program, it may ask you for your license name and key; after you register them, you should be good to go.

Thanks Bob.. Downloading now and had to turn on my windows installer services. Thanks again for all the help.

Found it.. Thanks to LOR staff for helping me get the email sorted out. Looks like I going to have a blast and learn alot the next couple of months. Wish me luch and thanks to all for their help..

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

I have a dumb but related question. I keep hearing the term "nenewal". If we've bought a license, how long does it last and what happens at the end of that period of time, if anything? Where is it shown the cost to renew? Is this license only good for this version or later released versions during the license period? I don't really want to have to spend hundreds more every year just to be able to use what I already paid for. I looked at the LOR website, software section but didn't see anything that clearly defines this.

dgrant wrote:

I have a dumb but related question. I keep hearing the term "nenewal". If we've bought a license, how long does it last and what happens at the end of that period of time, if anything? Where is it shown the cost to renew? Is this license only good for this version or later released versions during the license period? I don't really want to have to spend hundreds more every year just to be able to use what I already paid for. I looked at the LOR website, software section but didn't see anything that clearly defines this.

Check your license level here: http://lightorama.com/licenseCheck.html

This will show you what your current license is, the max version supported, and when it expires. Once the license expires (or you reach the max version shown) what happens? Nothing. You can continue to use the software (at that level which your license supports) for the life of LOR.

Costs to upgrade/renew your license can be found here: http://store.lightorama.com/sopr.html

Yes, Thanks Don. It was there in front of my face but obviously I was blind today. I'm going to end up with a full blown SS license too but probably not till I can afford to buy the CCR's...like 12 of them.

Like I said I have jumped all the way in and head deep now. Just setup my laptop with twin 22 inch monitors and still lost... LOL I saw this in a post so had to try it. I am ready to have some fun working with S3 and SS now.

Attached files 308774=16884-IMG00594-20120223-0927.jpg

trafficman wrote:

Like I said I have jumped all the way in and head deep now. Just setup my laptop with twin 22 inch monitors and still lost... LOL I saw this in a post so had to try it. I am ready to have some fun working with S3 and SS now.

Thats a man on a mission! That should keep you busy. I have a 25 on my desk for Sequence editor and my old 19 next to that just for the Visualizer.

trafficman wrote:

Really thinking about USB to a 3rd one but my work station is only so big. LOL

I do that at work, 2 monitors from the card, 1 from a USB video adapter. I do not need that much room at home, the 25" for sequencer, and the 19 for the visualizer is just right. I would like to have matching 25's but my desk does not support such size!